Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
3 registered (kayak, lostsoul824, Rich1967), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63173 Topics
441753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#429554 - 03/30/13 07:57 AM Re: Recovering Alcoholic Addict living with "feelings" [Re: SouthernLaw]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Good for you!

Make progress on Both paths- professional T and addiction recovery groups.

I had alcohol addiction recovery early inife but didn't deal with the sexual compulsion stuff until years later- big loss.

The past 11 years Ts, books, and 12 step groups for sex addicts were instrumental in helping me reclaim my life, learn intimacy and develop healthy sexuality. T and books have been very important to help me navigate recovery from CSA the past four years.

You are fortunate to be building a new balanced foundation so early on- one day at a time. Enjoy your weekend!!

A balance of both

It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#429565 - 03/30/13 08:36 AM Re: Recovering Alcoholic Addict living with "feelings" [Re: SouthernLaw]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: SouthernLaw
.... my life has spiraled out of control. The alcohol and drugs even turned against me and began to amplify the chaotic emotions that shake my inner core. I have lost everything; both businesses, my cars, my homes, lots of friends, some of my family and almost my own life.
Hey Southern,
Any of your quotes could have been written by me. We have a lot in common, I guess that why we are here. I have 16 years of sobriety.

Rather than recap my "tales of woe" (you can always read my posts), Let me just tell you that I am one alcoholic, sex addict, messed up CSA survivor, who is starting to see some daylight. Lots of therapy, AA, and support here has made a huge difference in my life. Yeah I still have to FEEL everything and that drives me crazy, but I guess thats what "normal" people do. I don't believe that the pain will ever leave me, but I am learning to live with it. Just like theres no cure for alcoholism, but we learn to live with it.

You are doing all the right things, so just don't give up on yourself. BTW, I have spoken about my CSA at AA meetings because its been a huge contributing factor in my alcoholism. And my recovery from alcoholism has been a huge factor in facing my CSA.

I kept the secret for 42 years. At 39 you still have a lot of life ahead of you. Just face it one day at a time. You'll get there.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#430026 - 04/03/13 07:24 PM Re: Recovering Alcoholic Addict living with "feelings" [Re: SouthernLaw]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:04 PM)

#430272 - 04/05/13 08:59 PM Re: Recovering Alcoholic Addict living with "feelings" [Re: SouthernLaw]
lukedamien Offline

Hi

I'm hoping the best in your situation. I watch the cable programs often and there's sometimes survivors stories that are males, but mostly females. My speed and weed addictions I've been clean from for three years. I don't know how long you've been in recovery. But it get better overtime. Mostly it's willpower. The first year I was constantly having triggers to use. A argument with someone would magnify the need. Anything. After three years there are still situations that makes me want to use. But I know that one snort or puff would only be the start. I'm much more stronger each time I resist and turn to a support for help. I believe that you can be too. I hope all the best for you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.