Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445471 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#427427 - 03/07/13 11:20 PM Newbie that is an Oldie
UNCfanMark Offline

Since the purpose of this section is just to introduce, I'll stick to the basics and possibly share my "experience" in another location. I am 54 yrs. old, married for 37 years (yes, i was 16 when i said "i do"), have 2 sons both married, and from all external appearances I have it all together. I suppose that is a result of the learned response or conditioning that my childhood paid me. In actuality, I was never allowed to be a child and still feel a sense of melancholy about what could have been. Why am I here? As sad as it may seem, I find brotherhood by reading your heartbreaking stories even if I never get to personally speak to you. I guess I shouldn't find it unusual: if the horrors and hell of war can create bonds that last a lifetime between two men who otherwise would never have met, then certainly our common ground (our own personal hell) can rightfully bond us. I suppose I'm also here because I've never found one person my entire life that I felt I could tell my story (I don't trust men) and still maintain some amount of dignity and respect. However, I do believe that "if we confess our faults one to another, we will be healed." And after years and years of self-loathing, I am due for a healing. Thanks for listening. Mark

#427509 - 03/08/13 06:15 PM Re: Newbie that is an Oldie [Re: UNCfanMark]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hi Mark, thanks for writing this post. I'm sorry you have to come here, but I think you've begun that healing you are due. Take your time and share what you can, as you are able. This is a great place to practice talking.

I first came here when I was close to 50, so I'll say that it's never to late to start sharing this brotherhood.

I look forward to learning more about you, and from you.

Geoff

#427821 - 03/12/13 12:32 AM Re: Newbie that is an Oldie [Re: UNCfanMark]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Mark welcome to Male survivor!
I also found brotherhood here, being part of this community has brought some terrible positive impacts to my life.
You are not alone in your search for healing, it is much easier to have company on such journey, I'm happy seeing you here with us!

Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.