Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
4 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, blockade, 2 invisible), 76 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62494 Topics
438028 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#42751 - 07/30/02 11:28 AM Re: Who I Am
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
;\)
Will, that is a beautiful post and a really positive way to live. Not to ever hurt another living thing. Great. Your sons are very blessed as are you to be their Dad. Much joy to your family.
Bob

#42752 - 07/30/02 10:07 PM Re: Who I Am
Spider-man Offline

Loc: NY
I have a sense of what you mean. My dad didn't perpetrate SA on me, but growing up to the age of 9 with a sociopath wasn't much fun. Then after that, he just left.

I was terrified for years I might end up like him. But what that ultimately has boiled down to, for me, is to take it as an example of how I should NOT behave.

#42753 - 08/02/02 05:08 PM Re: Who I Am
Dan01 Offline

Loc: S. California
Will, I havn't posted here in a while but I can really relate to this post. I too was physically and severly sexually abused groing up. I am still reeling from the hurricane of affects.

I did however, make a very concrete decision long ago, when I married and had children, to make damed sure my two boys 8 and 5, have a safe place, with a loving family to grow up in. I love them more than myself and cannot imagine inflicting the pain and hurt I was put through. Even though at times I feel like shit. It is very comforting that I could still be a good and loving father and husband to my family. Sometimes I get a bit scared I am goning to loose it, in front of them or somthing, but thank God it hasn't happened and I make sure they aren't affected by my issues. And when I see their beautiful happy, confident carefree, smiles it makes me wanta just try harder, and to some extent takes some of my pain away. \:\)

Peace, Dan

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.