Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, woodenshoes, I Want 2 Thrive, Greg56, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443464 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#359073 - 04/09/11 01:15 AM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: pufferfish]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
So what this means in plain English is, YES, abuse does affect the function of the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is the master control gland in the body. It secretes, among other things, Growth Hormone. So messing with it would affect the rate of development.

Oh grand! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!

I was delayed till 15.5 yet I was a horny-horror from 8-on. I was having very intense wet dreams from 8-on too.
Compulsive MB from 8-on.

So they made into a true freakazoid.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#359076 - 04/09/11 01:23 AM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Robbie,

Your symptoms were a lot like mine. You are not alone. There are lots of guys here in MS who have experienced similar symptoms. I hope it lends comfort to you to know this.

Yes, it is too bad that what we endured had to actually affect how our mind and endocrine system worked.

Many of our symptoms were (are) related to PTSD. The symptoms you describe are related to PTSD effects. There is a really good article on PTSD in Wikipedia. We as survivors will reap benefits from the traumas experienced by military men. They are actively studying it.

Allen

#359078 - 04/09/11 01:48 AM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: pufferfish]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I too read that in wiki...how it affects the Pit Gland and what the Pit Gland does in development. I read it and did not want to believe it. I've had three Ts and one psychiatrist whom have all described want happens to the traumatized brain. I would have been better off eating lead-chips.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#359156 - 04/09/11 06:30 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Still]
Fissy Tsickens Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Bassett, Virginia
Interesting thread. All my brothers matured at an earlier age than me (15.5, too). They all, even now, have more body and facial hair than I do. This contributed to lots more insecurity and self-doubt. This is very interesting to me.

Peace,

John

About a home Iíll never see

It may sound absurd...but donít be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wonít you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Itís not easy to be me

#369988 - 09/12/11 06:54 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Fissy Tsickens]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Just noticed this thread.

I weighed 56 lbs when I started highschool.

68 lbs as a sophomore.

For scale, my mom is a tiny bit under five feet tall.

My testicles didn't drop and I never sprouted a pubic hair until after I turned 17 (the summer after my junior year). I had assumed this was primarily because of having my testicles bitten or crushed much of the time my CSA was going on (3 months after I turned 4 to 1 month before my 11th birthday) and to the asphyxiation from the ones who were into that.

~ Ed ~

Edited by MrEdd (09/12/11 07:06 PM)

#380326 - 12/21/11 04:58 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Charlie24]
Dexter Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Same here. Why is it that every male,I meer, I feel they expect me to blow them?

#427468 - 03/08/13 10:24 AM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Still]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I read a manga recently that reminded me of this thread frown

The Friendly Winter

Sort of wistful yet hopeful.

#427480 - 03/08/13 12:02 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Dexter]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Why is it that every male,I meet, I feel they expect me to blow them?

This is PTSD. You can be helped a lot with this by discussing it with a good therapist.

The military has made progress in learning how to help a guy who has returned from a war-zone with PTSD. His PTSD might consist of mentally re-enacting a the trauma of being in a military vehicle and driving over a mine. Maybe he sees things that register on his brain as strong trauma. He relives it over and over.

The same kind of process happens to us who are victims of sexual trauma. It gets "stamped" in our brain and we relive it over and over. We "read" it into the actions of others. When we are in situations that suggest our original trauma, then it triggers the whole sequence of emotions over and over again. We want it to stop but we often need outside help.

I'm waiting for the knowledge gained from the military studies to be transferred to helping those who acquired PTSD from sexual trauma.

Puffer

#427663 - 03/10/13 04:32 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

By the time I started high school, I was about 1 year into puberty. We were all required to take "gym". It was good for us. A lot of the time we just ran around the track. We tried rope climbing and touch football, etc. Afterward, however, we were expected to go through the shower. There were boys of all developmental stages going through the shower. A few had not hit puberty yet. And then there were some who had a great deal of hair. One guy was engaged to get married. He was highly developed ! wink

Puffer

#431713 - 04/18/13 11:36 PM Re: Late Onset of Puberty [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

saw the MD...PCP...NAACP, RSVP, PhD today. We were there to review the parameters of the "life" end of the life-death continuum.

The nermal range of Testosterone is like 250-1100 by some Richter Scale.

After three munths of AndroginousGel treatment, I'm way up to 299 units of measure.

Even with a shitty little increase from 211 to 299 am having "issues."

Go ahead Doc...say the words...some people born with dicks were meant to be girls. Still got a hot ass? No? Fuck! Had that once!

That's why I was picked though. I was as fem as one could look with one of those thingies tween the legs.

I could write in the snow though. Let's see a gerl do that!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.