Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (don64, Jay1159, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63791 Topics
445475 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#427455 - 03/08/13 07:11 AM Drug trial
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone here has ever taken part in a drug trial? I have signed up for one at a local phsyc hospital, in conjunction with a university & a pharm company. It's about adding a new drug to what I am already on. It's double blind, placebo controlled, so there's no guarantee that I will have any benefit at all from it, but it's an interesting opportunity. It's about 5 months long. I go a couple times a week to the hospital (right beside my work)... At each visit they take a bunch of blood, take vitals & some other little tests, feed me lunch & pay me $40 for my troubles. I also get to take advantage of their psychiatry staff with ongoing counselling & medication opportunities at no charge. It hasn't started yet... Gotta get all the medical records sorted & sent to them from various docs. Likely start on the drug in about a month.

#427548 - 03/09/13 01:31 AM Re: Drug trial [Re: LazyPirate]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Unfortunately I have no experience with this sort of experimental therapy. I think as long you have done your research and believe it is both legitimate and helpful to your recovery then I say go for it. Make sure to utilize all of the resources they have made available for you especially when it comes to your reaction to the drugs. Keep no secrets on this one tell them everything because anything "going wrong" may have a lot more to do with the medication than you yourself. Good luck man and I hope it turns out to be a great drug for recovering patients everywhere.

#427585 - 03/09/13 02:43 PM Re: Drug trial [Re: LazyPirate]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
Thanks! Yes, I plan on doing everything right & not holding anything back. Also, I can drop out at any time & there's plans in place for stepping down gradually & therapy in case I want to quit.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.