Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441957 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#427438 - 03/08/13 03:07 AM Yeah, I'm new.
DRA Offline

I've been dealing with my CSA for one month and sixteen days. I was sitting at this desk when I promised myself that I'd get help and the next morning I did.

A month later and I'm on a reduced course load, maintaining a stipend, and medical insurance. And as of that day, I've been unable to do even simple calculus. Have I mentioned that I'm a first year Physics PhD student and I'm spending my time watching TV, dancing, reading, going to therapy, and writing. I can't seem to do much else.
Strength in power is a false victory rooted in vapid grandiosity. Strength in character and integrity is the freedom to act righteously irrespective of the surrounding pressure. True power is the presence of mind to live with character and integrity.

#427481 - 03/08/13 12:02 PM Re: Yeah, I'm new. [Re: DRA]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Maybe you opened an old box-o-monsters and can't ignore them any longer.

Welcome to the site DRA. I'd sing "Welcome to The Jungle," but you wouldn't hear me.

Oh...and we had a saying around Syracuse U. "What's harder than being a an Engineering PhD candidate? Nothing!" So be kind to yourself.

Still's Globs

New Video

#427502 - 03/08/13 05:48 PM Re: Yeah, I'm new. [Re: DRA]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Dear DRA,

This is a great place for validation and fellowship with men who have had similar experiences and feelings. Go easy on yourself, you are just starting to rebuild oyur soul. That takes courage, patience and balls. Please read as you feel able, and post when you feel comfortable doing so. There's no pressure here, no judgement, and no condemnation.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#427823 - 03/12/13 12:39 AM Re: Yeah, I'm new. [Re: DRA]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi DRA,
welcome to Male Survivor. Wow, you just started your healing journey so must be that a lot of things are happening there and as it can be overwhelming it is no wonder that is difficult to stay focused.
Small steps forward is my motto when felt a little bit lost and confused, so giving my self small tasks gives me some ground and frame under which I feel more in control of my every day life.
I hope you'll feel better soon with your calculus, we need you in good shape for such difficult study wink

Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.