Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
3 registered (Greg56, watzupwitu, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#427253 - 03/06/13 02:54 AM Re: WTH? Is this the Godly response to domestic abuse? [Re: Jacob S]
Rosemary Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
When we got married in 1985, our priest (Anglican) was horrified when I refused to say the "obey" vow, he had never been asked to remove it before. I stood my ground and it was removed for the marriage service. My husband suppoerted me right through all the negotiations. My feeling was that any church or belief system that included it was not worth marrying us. I must say most weddings that I have attended lately do not include it.

Partner Support
South African Male Survivors Of Sexual Abuse
Web page www.samsosa.org

#427373 - 03/07/13 10:14 AM Re: WTH? Is this the Godly response to domestic abuse? [Re: Jacob S]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
They can all go pound sand IMO. The courts have NO regard for vows...none at all. The vows are apparently empty. It was a divorce I never wanted and morally object to in the most severe volume. For my children at least, there should have been no divorce allowed.

Now the kids are damaged and both adults are radically damaged.

It was all so stupid.

I was dropped like a French rifle.

Edited by Still (03/07/13 10:19 AM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#427810 - 03/11/13 11:38 PM Re: WTH? Is this the Godly response to domestic abuse? [Re: Jacob S]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I watched the video... terribly dangerous and misleading for those in a similar situation... and do churches exist in the US today that would expect their women to succumb to a husband's abuse - yep. There are. Just a bad, bad, bad, bad video.

And Still, ask me sometime of my experience with a Christian Counselor...

Angels.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.