Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63847 Topics
445825 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#427306 - 03/06/13 03:53 PM Could It Be.......Recovery?
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey all.

This week I was ambushed by a horrible news story involving two men in my area who had kept a boy as a "sex slave" from age twelve thru 22. Not only for their own use but they rented him out to others, and brought in other boys from out of state as well. The boy finally went to police recently at age 25 and helped the cops apprehend the creeps. See: http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/01/us/vermont-sexual-slavery

I spoke with my T about it. I expressed to him that it made me angry, disgusted, and sad. Usually such a story would cause me to relive my own CSA, and make me a wreck for hours/days afterward. He pointed out that it didn't sound like I was triggered by it. HUH? ME? NOT TRIGGERED BY IT? Holy Shit!! Could it possibly be that I'm getting somewhere with this CSA crap? Maybe there's hope after all.

Postscript: In today's paper, it was reported that one of the two creeps involved in this story commited suicide yesterday.
I hope he suffered (Sorry, I'm not over the need for vengance)

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#427310 - 03/06/13 05:00 PM Re: Could It Be.......Recovery? [Re: Jude]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
What a terrible news Jude frown
I hope boy have proper support and help.

It is great that you haven't been triggered by this story.
There is always hope smile

Pero

#427320 - 03/06/13 06:27 PM Re: Could It Be.......Recovery? [Re: Jude]
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Jude
Postscript: In today's paper, it was reported that one of the two creeps involved in this story commited suicide yesterday.
I hope he suffered (Sorry, I'm not over the need for vengance)

Jude

I wouldn't say it's a feeling of vengeance, but the hope in humanity that a sick individual feels the emotions he so rightly should feel for the actions he has taken. And for that, he should suffer, for if he didn't suffer, he wasn't human at all. That is the more scary thought.

#427322 - 03/06/13 06:43 PM Re: Could It Be.......Recovery? [Re: Jude]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: Jude
I spoke with my T about it. I expressed to him that it made me angry, disgusted, and sad. Usually such a story would cause me to relive my own CSA, and make me a wreck for hours/days afterward. He pointed out that it didn't sound like I was triggered by it. HUH? ME? NOT TRIGGERED BY IT? Holy Shit!! Could it possibly be that I'm getting somewhere with this CSA crap? Maybe there's hope after all.

hey, Jude!

yes - i'd say that is progress. as terrible as the story is - you are haveing a very human and compassionate - and more "normal" - response to it. "angry, disgusted and sad" are all perfectly appropriate feelings. you don't need to put yourself so totally in his shoes that you experience his or your trauma all over again. i am in a similar stage of being aware of much milder reactions - like low-grade triggers instead of full-fledged ones - if you know what i mean. my T says it is a good sign. congrats on making it this far!!!

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.