Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (peroperic2009, Bardo, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64436 Topics
450091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#42729 - 02/11/03 07:26 PM Some good news (?)
ecb Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know that this may sound a bit lame, but last night a friend of mine helped me to find within myself the lost little boy who I locked away so many years ago. (Inner child I guess, but I'm not particularly fond of that term)

She told me that she had seen him a little the night when I told her about the abuse, and it was like an epiphany. I hadn't even really known he was there.

In my minds eye, we just held one another and cried, and cried and I told the terrified little boy that it was not his fault.

It was incredibly cathardic, and christ it fucking hurt, but I think it was a definate step forward.

Just venting a little and sharing a little good news on my personal front. Thanks for listeneing.

#42730 - 02/11/03 07:58 PM Re: Some good news (?)
RickL Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
It is excellent news, ECB, and it's an area I've been focusing on recently. After 5 years of my therapist badgering me to be a parent to my inner child, I had some break-throughs last week myself. They were basically visualizations that carried over into the feeling part of me--and that was both exciting and new, and flooded my eyes with tears also.

Of course, recovery is not a straight line, and I feel a bit of falling back the last few days. But that does not diminish the incredible epiphany of the experience. It means I can see/feel/converse with him again. I want to forge of new pattern of caring for that little guy!

Thanks for your sharing and keep up the good work!

Rick

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.