Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63856 Topics
445880 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#427222 - 03/05/13 08:48 PM Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!!
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
I just passed a colleague in the hall and he said, “howyadoin(?)!”

I felt like either smashing his face or bursting into tears. He didn’t mean anything by it. That was just the problem – he didn’t mean anything. He didn’t want to know – it wasn’t even a question – it was not even real words – just sounds that people make when they pass each other. And if I had really answered truthfully, he would have been surprised and shocked and horrified and probly would have distanced himself as quickly as possible and avoided me like the plague in the future.

I thought to myself- how can I even put into words how I am doing? It would take longer than we have between classes. Sometimes I have a hard time explaining it to myself or my T or my wife. They are the only ones – with the exception of you guys on MS forums – that I can ever tell how I’m doing. And I cherish that fact – that I can at least try to express it here – and there is always someone who hears and understands and replies in a way that affirms me as a person and validates my feelings.

I know a lot of us use this forum to explain exactly that – how we are doing - but many don’t ever say a thing. And sometimes people don’t contribute because they don’t think what they have to say is that significant.

SO – in case YOU are waiting to be asked – here it is - this thread is the time and the place:

HOW ARE YOU DOING? REALLY – PLEASE TELL ME – I WANT TO KNOW!

LEE
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#427224 - 03/05/13 08:57 PM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Well Lee, Since you asked:

I'm sad beyond any definition of the word.

I have not seen my kids but for a few hours in the past 14 days and won't see them till March 20th.

My flashbacks are back and are very bad. I've pissed myself at least 5 times in the past 3-weeks from the fear or pain in the flashbacks or nightmares. I sleep with a giant sheet of plastic of a garbage bag tween my sheet and mattress.

I am fearful of losing what thread remains between my kids and I...as a great and massive cable once tied us together as the closest father and children anyone on this earth has ever seen.

I am lonely as heck. I'm trying to find even a church in this stodgy area who won't condemn me when they ask "so...where's your wife? Why did you two divorce???"

My depression can't even be called "depression." Its more like deep-deep dispare, and its trying to kill me.

Thank you for asking Lee.

Edited by Still (03/05/13 08:58 PM)

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#427228 - 03/05/13 09:50 PM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Evening, Lee.

How am I ? Well, let's see. I too, am lonely. I am insecure as I look around and wonder wtf happened to my life and to me. I am tired and stressed and obsessed. I am emotionally numb and non creative. I am afraid of the night.

I have an embarrassingly exhaustive compulsion to move furniture around in my house- which is so bizarre even the T laughed out loud when I told her.

But I find validation in MS. SoccerStar said he admired me, which was way cool. Jude said he listened and reassured that others "got it". And you asked how I was.

So I'm okay. Thanks for asking.

#427233 - 03/05/13 11:32 PM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Like I do every day, like I wish it was my last.

Thanx for asking Lee

Cee

T. Paine

#427236 - 03/06/13 12:06 AM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: cosmos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Yes, I have shared these problems. A lot.

As far as the greeting problem, I have finally worked up a little list of things that can be said which won't lie about how I'm really doing but which also won't create false impressions.

Q. How are ya' doin, Puffer?
A. I'm half awake now and I don't know which half.

Q. How ya' doin' Puffer?
A. I wish the rain (or snow or you insert whatever) would stop!

Our society kind of expects us to put on a happy face, even if you're down in the dumps. This is offensive to me but its a battle that I can't win by myself. There was a picture in facebook a few days ago of a person wearing a "happy" mask. That's how I've felt a million times.

Puffer

#427246 - 03/06/13 12:56 AM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
Still Around Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I sure as heck ain't "all right" as I have to tell people.

No, I'm really bad off. I've pushed away the person I am closest out of fear that I'm only going to hurt her emotionally--and in so doing, I have done just that.

I'm finding myself hiding behind my emotional wall and being distant with everyone, and I'm getting increasingly frightened.

I'm stressed to the hilt, totally unmotivated, and unable to find any trace of the creativity I once had. And I'm not even triggered at the moment!

So no I'm not fine, and god I hate having to pretend that I am because people don't want to see that.

Thank you for asking though, sometimes I just have to let that out.

#427281 - 03/06/13 10:22 AM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (05/03/13 06:19 PM)

my story

my vlog

#427286 - 03/06/13 11:14 AM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Some good, some bad....

THE GOOD: It took about half a year give or take but I think I've cleaned up the "collateral damage" that my CSA awakening & nervous breakdown caused. My relationship with my wife is vastly improved across the board. She says she hasn't seen me this good or this happy in 6 months, and I think she's right. I got a new job with much better conditions (will be posting about this separately later because it has to do with sexual harassment in the workplace as well as "area memories" related to the CSA memories resurfacing.... short-short summary, I couldn't possibly have stayed much longer, that building was shamed and poisoned).

THE BAD: I'm "seeing" something different about the incident that doesn't match the rest of my memories. If it's real, then I was abused more than I'd remembered - which scares the shit out of me because I spent nearly half a year faking and failing my way through life over what I *did* know and have only just managed to get things back on an upwards trajectory now. Nothing else is allowed to surface. Nothing else can be real. I'm so fucking scared over this I haven't even told my T yet, it's one thing to type it, but saying it out loud might make it "real".... that was how it worked for me in early therapy, it broke the wall down and the sewage spilled out....

So overall - if I'm dealing with what I've currently got to deal with, then I think I'm doing pretty okay, downright good actually. If I've got to deal with anything new resurfacing... I probably won't be able to. And the fear of what a secondary crash could do to me is already setting in. I got one re-start with both my wife and my career, I rather don't think a second bailout would be possible if I fall apart again.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#427324 - 03/06/13 07:06 PM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I feel the same way as you traveler, when someone asks me how am I doing? I hate it. I FUCKING hate it. They put me in a position where I have to put on a facade and lie to their faces because they don't really want to know. Like why even ask the fucking question if you don't care? It's almost an insult, even thought they probably don't see it that way, it is.

The secretary or whatever you call it at my psychologist's firm always asks people, how are you doing? My subconscious just wants to say, "Bitch how the fuck do you think I'm feeling, I'm here to see my shrink!"

Originally Posted By: Obi
nobody really gives a shit how i'm doing...

even here...

I hope that was a joke, and if it wasn't I care.

Edited by CloudyFalls (03/06/13 07:09 PM)

#427325 - 03/06/13 07:11 PM Re: Howyadoin(?)! @#%$&*+~!!! [Re: traveler]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (05/03/13 06:17 PM)

my story

my vlog

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.