Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
7 registered (Rustam, DannyT, Cthulhu, 4 invisible), 39 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441385 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#427153 - 03/05/13 12:24 AM Fighting the good fight
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi all
I dont come here often anymore, but love still checking back in to the site that saved my life. Male survivor.org What a place.

As you do or dont know, I have started the first group In South Africa that supports male Survivors. It has been an incredible time and there is still so much work to do.
I often speak at groups like AA and NA and I am amazed at how many people find the courage to come and talk to me.
There is the sad side, those that dont want to deal with their pasts and want to end it all, and then there are the victories.
I am constantly impressed with the help and support that I receive and that people are always offering me. Last night a total stranger offered to do my web site and face book and twitter account setups. AWESOME. people are great when you give them a chance.
I have also found an incredible need for support groups here. Even female victims have very little support in good Ole South Africa.
So MatrixMen has now split, much like its founder DID Hahaha, but we have now started Survivors Support Services, and this group does the support for Males Females and the families of survivors.
I am hoping that I will be able to stop working in a about a year and focus all my energies on MatrixMen and Survivor Support Services.
I encourage all of you here to be proud survivors. We need not be shamed by what happened to us. Break out break free and break the silence.

You guys are all awesome. I know there are tough times, and I know there is pain, but it is only for a season, work hard and there is victory and happiness for all of us.
Never give up, NEVER.

Heal well all
Martin

#427225 - 03/05/13 09:04 PM Re: Fighting the good fight [Re: whome]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Martin -

thanks for checking in. glad you are doing well and continuing to fight the good fight. and thanks for being a voice crying in the wilderness in your own homeplace. i've been teaching "Cry the Beloved Country" in one of my English classes and have been deeply moved by some of the passages that speak to personal tragedy and our reactions to it. you are an inspiration and an encouragement.

all the best,
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#427442 - 03/08/13 03:51 AM Re: Fighting the good fight [Re: whome]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Martin,

It has been a long time since we have spoken. i see that you are still quite busy and why you have limited time here.

i wish you and your organization much success and good things!

take care my friend

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.