Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (dan_in_newengland, GT13568, Tiger1982, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447912 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#427044 - 03/03/13 10:52 PM I have found the cure for my mental issues
jasondoe101 Offline

Oxycodone.
I recently took some and DAYUM. All of a sudden I did not have depression. It felt like I was radiating with love. If I felt that way all the time, then I would be cured. And please save your Nancy Reagan 'Just Say No' talking points. I have complete control and discipline over what drugs I take.

#427048 - 03/03/13 11:08 PM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: jasondoe101]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I'm not one to judge for using substances, as I've had a long history of using them myself.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what this Oxycodone is. Oxycontin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone

Withdrawal effects similar to heroin withdrawal. It's an opiate. Certainly not something you'd want to take all the time, or you'd get addicted. Side effects don't look pleasant either.

I wish there was a magic pill for recovering from the psychological mess we've inherited because of our experiences. There isn't. Many of us have found some things along the way that help, like meditation, religion, sports, medication, and self medicating.

But ultimately, a real recovery comes when we realize that we are free to choose how to respond to life, rather than to react to it.

D

#427050 - 03/03/13 11:19 PM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: Magellan]
jasondoe101 Offline

LOL!
Is it any worse than smoking or drinking?

#427052 - 03/03/13 11:25 PM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: jasondoe101]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

I suppose it depends on how you want to treat yourself.

Smoking is obviously unhealthy, and drinking too much is also obviously unhealthy. To do these behaviors that inflict physical harm on your body constitutes as self abuse (which we're all prone to doing).

D

#427055 - 03/03/13 11:28 PM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: jasondoe101]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: jasondoe101
Oxycodone.
I recently took some and DAYUM. All of a sudden I did not have depression. It felt like I was radiating with love. If I felt that way all the time, then I would be cured. And please save your Nancy Reagan 'Just Say No' talking points. I have complete control and discipline over what drugs I take.

I'm not certain but I think my sister is taking that. She told me that it would be for life. But she says it is worth it.

Edit:

Sorry wrong stuff.

Edited by Candu (03/04/13 08:19 PM)

#427056 - 03/03/13 11:32 PM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: Magellan]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Magellan
I suppose it depends on how you want to treat yourself.

Smoking is obviously unhealthy,

I know one guy whose doctor suggested to him to take up smoking. Saying that the beneficial effects would probably allow him to live long enough to worry about the negative ones.

#427057 - 03/03/13 11:38 PM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: Candu]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Candu,

Oxycodone is prescribed for chronic pain. What is your sister taking it for?

Originally Posted By: Candu
Oxycodone.

I'm not certain but I think my sister is taking that. She told me that it would be for life. But she says it is worth it.

#427061 - 03/04/13 12:59 AM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: jasondoe101]
crazy gecko Offline

I have complete control and discipline over what drugs I take.

I have yet to meat an addict who didn't say that at some stage. And I've met a lot. Including a lot of down-and-out homeless and junkies. I was one. And I truly believed I chose to take those drugs.

That said, you are perfectly right. Narcotics are very effective at suppressing PTSD, including depression, flashbacks, etc. But at what cost?

jason, I'm not going to tell you what to do. But do yourself a favour and google Oxycodone tolerance. And Oxycodone withdrawal. Know that even if somehow you manage to escape full-fledged addiction, you WILL develop physical dependence on it within a few days of taking it regularly. That isn't something you can avoid or control - even pain patients who use it exactly as prescribed get that. It is the nature of the drug. Please make sure you know what you are doing, because I don't think what you are doing is wise. Oxycodone isn't called "hill-billy heroin" for nothing...

(And I think you know that, or you wouldn't have posted this...)
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#427071 - 03/04/13 06:40 AM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: jasondoe101]
A270465 Offline

Loc: SE Mich
penalties are very stiff even just for possessing but a single pill without a prescription. suggest u get a prescription if u r gonna take these
BrokenLeg@2 EarCutoff@5 RanOver@7 UnanethesizedSurgeries@8 rapedfrom10to11 Dysfunction&Druguse@12 Crime@13 Dotdotdot Violence Jail@18Escaped Prison@19GladiatorSchool Max@20 Supermax@21 HellEnsues THROWNbacktothestreets@26 MarriedWKids@28 HeardofCptsd@33
Seeking help
And the days tick by all the same

#427072 - 03/04/13 06:49 AM Re: I have found the cure for my mental issues [Re: jasondoe101]
A270465 Offline

Loc: SE Mich
penalties are very stiff even just for possessing but a single pill without a prescription. suggest u get a prescription if u r gonna take these
BrokenLeg@2 EarCutoff@5 RanOver@7 UnanethesizedSurgeries@8 rapedfrom10to11 Dysfunction&Druguse@12 Crime@13 Dotdotdot Violence Jail@18Escaped Prison@19GladiatorSchool Max@20 Supermax@21 HellEnsues THROWNbacktothestreets@26 MarriedWKids@28 HeardofCptsd@33
Seeking help
And the days tick by all the same

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.