Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jwmcd2, pete1973, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#427029 - 03/03/13 07:15 PM Just Introducing myself
MaineSurvivor Offline

Loc: ME Maine
Hello - I am a 49 year old bi-sexual man, CSA Survivor from Maine. I was sexually abused by 3 older brothers from age 7 to age 12. I am very lucky in many ways. First of which is that I have done lots of work toward recovery and while it is always an ongoing battle, I am fairly high functioning today. That is something I am grateful for.

I have not always been so "high functioning." And in some ways i am probably not that high functioning at all. This may become apparent when I post "My Story" in the appropriate section in a week or so. I have it mostly written, but like to let my writings "simmer" for a period before I put them out there for public consumption. Not all of my writings will be this way, but my story is likely to have many triggering aspects to it and I want to ensure that I have chosen my words and such very carefully.

I am married - my wife has always known about the abuse I suffered and she has been very supportive and understanding about the long term and lasting effects this has had on my sexuality.

Well - I had joined MS as a member a few days ago and wanted to make sure that I wrote some sort of introduction. I look forward to having some exchanges here and offering support to any and all who may be struggling with issues around their trauma and recovery. I do work a full time job that often requires me to put in very long days (Social Services) but I will try to be very mindful to those who reach out for support and provide timely feedback.

#427046 - 03/03/13 10:59 PM Re: Just Introducing myself [Re: MaineSurvivor]
Sterling Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba,Canada
Hey Cool Guy and Welcome!:)

#427058 - 03/03/13 11:42 PM xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Re: MaineSurvivor]
wearytraveler Offline

Loc: xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by wearytraveler (01/17/14 05:50 PM)

#427214 - 03/05/13 04:45 PM Re: Just Introducing myself [Re: MaineSurvivor]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome MaineSurvivor!

Vermont here....we're neighbors. You are wise to pace yourself reading and posting on MS. It can be overwhelming sometimes if you are easily triggered. But happy to hear you have made progress in recovery. We are all in different places in recovery. Different stories, locations, ages, orientations, but we find there is much in common in what the consequences of our CSA have been. Good luck buddy. 11,000 guys have your back.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#427262 - 03/06/13 06:20 AM Re: Just Introducing myself [Re: MaineSurvivor]
MaineSurvivor Offline

Loc: ME Maine
Thanks for the welcome messages.

#427266 - 03/06/13 08:23 AM Re: Just Introducing myself [Re: MaineSurvivor]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello and welcome to MaleSurvivor MaineSUrvivor!
We are here to give support to each other wink
As many of us are struggling heavily sometimes it is more than important to hear about positive experience where survivor learned to fight his issues and have better life.
I'm looking forward for your posts!

Pero

#427271 - 03/06/13 08:47 AM Re: Just Introducing myself [Re: MaineSurvivor]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Welcome We all can find support here and everyone relates very well to eachother.
Hoping that your healing Journey is helped by MS! There are many of us here that feel that way.
Doug

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.