Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
2 registered (pattom, traveler), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443005 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426897 - 03/02/13 12:04 AM Re-introducing...
Sacred_Sage Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hello,

My name is Cameron. You can call me Cam. Everyone does anyhow. I was abused by my a brother, and I repressed it for years but the signs were there. The anger, the distrust, the loneliness, etc. During high school, I told my best friends after having some pretty vivid dreams about the abuse and also acting out emotionally. The world I thought I knew... came crashing down.

Now, I still have problems with trust. I make friends easily but I can never seem to connect. The friends I do trust, I keep at a certain length, and I really do not trust anyone with the details of my abuse. I can let you get so far with me, and then I snap back. It's very annoying to me, and the people who care for me.

I've decided recently that I need to focus on healing, and talking about the experience and issues I have... and trying to really connect with myself. I also decided that I need to be okay with what happened to me and how I survived it. I did survive it. It wasn't my fault. I know this, and I have experienced it, but there is the same sex attraction and boundary issues... trust, love... it's all messed up. It's all jumbled inside of me. What should be... isn't. And what is... shouldn't.

I've decided that no matter how much it hurts, and I want to give up... I'm going to heal! I'm going to thrive. I'm going to get better. I'm going to talk in detail about my experience. I'm going to let go and let loose of control. I'm going to trust. I'm going to figure out what is love. I'm not going to confuse it with sex or power or control. I'm going to do all of this.

Cameron

#426900 - 03/02/13 12:57 AM Re: Re-introducing... [Re: Sacred_Sage]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Cam,

Welcome and I hope you find this place safe and healing. Your story is very familiar. I have the same problems following my own abuse -my world crashing down, trust issues, boundary issues, failure to connect with others, same sex attraction. You'll find that many other people experience the same issues as well. While what connects us is horrible, the sense of community and the desire to help our fellow brother is real. Good luck to you. You'll find that as you get helped, you'll be helping other survivors as well.

DavoSwim

#426906 - 03/02/13 04:23 AM Re: Re-introducing... [Re: Sacred_Sage]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: Sacred_Sage
I've decided recently that I need to focus on healing, and talking about the experience and issues I have... and trying to really connect with myself. I also decided that I need to be okay with what happened to me and how I survived it. I did survive it. It wasn't my fault. I know this, ...

... I've decided that no matter how much it hurts, and I want to give up... I'm going to heal! I'm going to thrive. I'm going to get better. I'm going to talk in detail about my experience. I'm going to let go and let loose of control. I'm going to trust. I'm going to figure out what is love. I'm not going to confuse it with sex or power or control. I'm going to do all of this.

Cameron

Hey, Cam!

Good to have you back with renewed determination to go forward. With the attitude you displayed in the post above, you should go far and make steady progress.

i can identify with most of what you've said in this post. let me know if there's any way i can help.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#426913 - 03/02/13 08:01 AM Re: Re-introducing... [Re: Sacred_Sage]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Cam

DON'T GIVE UP

The healing is a long and traumatic process BUT it is worthwhile. It was only 11 years ago that I considered myself a survivor and it was only last year that I have become a thriver.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#426922 - 03/02/13 09:33 AM Re: Re-introducing... [Re: Sacred_Sage]
Sacred_Sage Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, guys.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.