Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442193 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426764 - 02/28/13 01:14 PM protect the inner child-?
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Today I see the T again. Once a week. And the apprehension is building. I read some threads that talked about the inner child and how to be free was to set the "kid" free and let him know I am there to protect him. When my T can't find words to help she often refers to the inner child. And says I should say I am sorry to the little guy for his hurt and abuse and that I can take care of him now. Or things a long that line.

I was only 4 when it started. It wasn't my job to protect myself. And how can I tell him-the inside me- that I will now protect him when I am the adult who was assaulted. I just feel like... I don't know... what do I feel? Maybe one of you guys will read this and tell me what I am looking for, cause I sure don't know today. I said last week that I felt damaged, broken. How, she says? How? You're not broken. Well, guess the f bomb what? I am broken. My heart and my spirit are now broken and thats why I am here. I am broken. Stop telling me what I am or what I should be. I am broken and I am trying to mend on my time, like soon. And please allow me to express how I feel without being corrected.. Even if she is good and kind and honest, I still hate going for therapy. It's hard work. It makes one vulnerable. And that's scary in and of itself.

#426767 - 02/28/13 01:31 PM Re: protect the inner child-? [Re: ThisMan]
J.Bytendorp Offline
User
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake CIty, Utah
This man,

sexual abuse can be hard thing, for many men who have been sexually abused as an adult, it is hard to hear about the inner child. Fo many ASA there is no inner child that needs to be healed, for those who have been sexually abused as a child and as an adult it can be a battle because a part of you needs to heal the inner child but at the same time, you also need to heal "the man" the part of you that was hurt as an adult. Rape is rape no mater CSA, ASA or both and understanding that you need to focus on both is huge. Many therapist don't understand CSA issues and those that do can struggle with ASA issues. The inner child is all about removing accountability and feeling sorry for yoursel for what happened. So many people no matter what your abuse is CSA, ASA or both have to find a way to do this using whatever phrase is best for you.

Josh

#426786 - 02/28/13 03:56 PM Re: protect the inner child-? [Re: ThisMan]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:25 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.