Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1159, 3 invisible), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63791 Topics
445474 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426577 - 02/26/13 03:14 PM So why YOU...why ME ?
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
From a web-search on boys gang-raping:

"This was a crime of opportunity. You can have 20 people (supervising) on a site, but if the opportunity presents itself, someone will take it," Gillison said, adding that authorities already had planned to put security cameras in at Francis Myers. Monday's attack will fast-track those cameras, he added.

From: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/Gang-rape-of-12-year-old-.html

I don't know where this leaves me in popular psych-categories of victims, but right now I don't have the emotional capacity to consider it any longer.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#426579 - 02/26/13 03:29 PM Re: So why YOU...why ME ? [Re: Still]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
As much as I despise the idea of an Orwellian, panopticon society these are the events that challenge all of us to come up with some sort of compromise. For instance, places with children and at risk children should have surveillance. On the other hand, what would be considered excessive or invasive and how much can we prevent with such methods? After all, they lured her to a secluded part of the building and I doubt the "conversation" was anything that would lead a 12 year old girl to think she was in danger. It is incredibly upsetting and sad to hear about these teen boys but as we all know they are out there and so we must protect our children. It's the question of how best to accomplish this task that now rests before us.

"What started out as pretty benign contact really deteriorated"

~ Mayor Darby

I should say so......

"We need our kids, our parents to do what's right. It is unacceptable. We have to change these behaviors. Enough is enough. The community has to do more than just idly sit by," Gillison said."

There we go.

#426594 - 02/26/13 06:14 PM Re: So why YOU...why ME ? [Re: Still]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((((( Still ))))))

Hang in there, brother.

Cant

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.