Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (traveler, petercorbett, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443101 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426572 - 02/26/13 02:52 PM 'Now is the time to set that inner child Free!
bla Offline

Loc: Northern Ireland
"Even now that we are grown adults, 'every one of us, who has been Abused has an inner child that longs for affection, attention, love and time". "Every trauma we carry with us is connected to the traumas we suffered as a child". "We need to speak to our Inner-child, let them know that they never need to be afraid anymore! "No one is going to hurt or abuse them anymore! "You the Adult are there to protect them! "Now is the time to set that Inner Child Free! "I don't care what anyone says!, "Your inner child must be heard and healed for you to be healed as an adult!, "It is the only way you can deal with the traumas you suffered as a child!

#428842 - 03/23/13 04:56 PM Re: 'Now is the time to set that inner child Free! [Re: bla]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hey bla,

Oh yeah, the inner child, what an obstacle for survivors. Anger, resentment, incredulity, access and contention can cloud the path to the soft, fleshy place that hurts us so much. It feels like anger protects the child, but in fact it only serves to shield those wounded parts from healing therapy.

I wonder if that is an appropriate descriptor, I mean, ASA sufferers have pieces of our personality that struggle to come to terms with abuse, I wonder if there is not a better terminology to produce a less reactive term. Well, there is not now that I am aware.

Being able to wade through the shame, fear and terror of abuse to empathize and to be consistently compassionate for a necessary amount of time to heal. I found that by reading the shares and experiences of others I was able to finally breakthrough the rage and unfairness I felt toward those who hurt me. I went from being a mercenary raging against all unfairness and protecting the innocent to sitting with and comforting the hurt and destroyed.

This was a profound change in my life, thank you for reminding me.

Sam

#428847 - 03/23/13 05:37 PM Re: 'Now is the time to set that inner child Free! [Re: bla]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I agree but I am having trouble connecting and accepting the inner child,who only saw love from the abuser's perceptive. This child feels love and special to the abuse and the acts done by the abuser. My T has been working on this aspect of healing and slowly, very slowly, I am beginning to understand and I sometimes feel the inner child is beginning to see the abuse was not love. It is so complicated to have these conflicting emotions of despising the abuser and a part feeling special to the abuser.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.