Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (Tiger1982, learning2remember, Dave PNW, Banjo596), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63401 Topics
443271 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#426545 - 02/26/13 09:50 AM Re: Pope Seeks Immunity? [Re: Lancer]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
This is very interesting thread. The potential consequences for the Catholic Church is huge. It is my understanding that the only way to save it would be for them to purge everybody involved in sexual abuse, open up all their records for scrunity, actively co-operate with the authorities, set up a huge compensation fund and throw themselves at the mercy of Christians and governments around the world. A second reformation is about to take place, the first was by King Henry VIII.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#426553 - 02/26/13 11:15 AM Re: Pope Seeks Immunity? [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Y'know Rees, I hope you're right. But, like any abuser, I think the Vatican Illuminati are so entrenched that nothing short of involvement by world governments (say, the ICC) will force them into submission...and they'll be kicking and screaming all the way.

For balance, a wonderful NYT op-ed piece drawing a delineation between parishes, where the work is done, and the corrupt bureaucracy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/27/opinion/global/which-catholic-church.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

#426555 - 02/26/13 11:34 AM Re: Pope Seeks Immunity? [Re: Lancer]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lancer,

My read on it is the secret Vatican power players (those you refer to as the Illuminati) were trying to blackmail the pope and Benedict turned the tables on them by resigning. I don't have evidence of this other than my hunch.

That means, possibly, that all bets are off and that the truth may out itself after all.

Although, probably not. The possibility is in play.

Cant

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.