Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#458253 - 01/08/14 04:49 PM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Congrats my brother. I have spoke to the entire congregation and in men's breakfast about my abuse . I have spoken in front of a gymnasium full of people at a prison about my abuse and where God has brought me and continues to use me. It is an awesome thing man. So proud of you for stepping out in faith and realizing this is bigger than just you.
This walk when God has restored you to a place that he can use you to help build the kingdom of God is truly a remarkable thing.

God has been pulling on my heart to do more public speaking as of this past week. And seeing this post just reinforces everything he has been speaking to me. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your growth brother it is encouraging. I am so happy for you and I know God is using you to help set the captives free. Congratulations my brother in Christ
May you be greatly blessed
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#458279 - 01/08/14 11:22 PM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks guys for all of the support. smile Blessings back!

#459887 - 02/01/14 03:38 AM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i find strength from these words.
i wish to share them with you.

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

For we walking in the flesh, fight not after the flesh.
For the arms of our knighthood be not fleshly,
but mighty by God to the destruction of strengths.
And we destroy counsels, and all highness that higheth itself against the science of God,
and drive into captivity all understanding into the service of Christ.

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.
On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,
and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Aunque andamos en la carne, no militamos según la carne,
porque las armas de nuestra milicia no son carnales,
sino poderosas en Dios para la destrucción de fortalezas,
derribando argumentos y toda altivez que se levanta contra el conocimiento de Dios,
y llevando cautivo todo pensamiento a la obediencia a Cristo.

Sans doute, nous sommes des hommes et nous vivons comme tels,
mais nous ne menons pas notre combat d'une manière purement humaine.
Car les armes avec lesquelles nous combattons ne sont pas simplement humaines;
elles tiennent leur puissance de Dieu qui les rend capables de renverser des forteresses.
Oui, nous renversons les faux raisonnements
ainsi que tout ce qui se dresse prétentieusement contre la connaissance de Dieu,
et nous faisons prisonnière toute pensée pour l'amener à obéir au Christ.

Denn ob wir wohl im Fleisch wandeln,
so streiten wir doch nicht fleischlicherweise.
Denn die Waffen unsrer Ritterschaft sind nicht fleischlich,
sondern mächtig vor Gott, zu zerstören Befestigungen;
wir zerstören damit die Anschläge und alle Höhe,
die sich erhebt wider die Erkenntnis Gottes,
und nehmen gefangen alle Vernunft unter den Gehorsam Christi.

For though walking in basar, we war not according to the basar,
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the basar,
but full of ko’ach through Hashem to the overthrowing of strongholds, reasonings,
And every high minded thing rising up against the da’as of Hashem,
and leading captive every machshavah into the mishma’at of Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach

The world is unprincipled. The world doesn’t fight fair. But we don’t live or fight our battles that way. The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.

War
Love
Poetry

#460073 - 02/03/14 06:00 PM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

Now I'm thinking, it may be time to leave the site for a while. I'm hoping to get a job soon and need to reconnect with my T once I can pay for it. Not permanently, but I hang out here to much I think. There has to be more out there. Thoughts?

#460088 - 02/04/14 12:41 AM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

dear buffaloco

i go away for days, weeks, and even months.
sometimes i get busy, sometimes i get bored.
i think it is healthy to get out of the house and get involved with other things.
the site has been there for me for over ten years,
and i don't think it is going to disappear while you are off-line.

at first, i used to come because i needed to read.
now that i feel safe and happy, i am here to share some of my survival skills with other brothers.

it is actually good that you feel strong enough to get away for a while.

ms.org will be here if you need to come back.

War
Love
Poetry

#460162 - 02/05/14 09:30 AM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

Ten years, wow. I just want this part of my life to be over for good and to move on to a real life, get a degree that I can use, then a career, normal stuff. Someone told me to figure that T will take like 15 years. That idea I just don't want to even think about.

#460170 - 02/05/14 11:39 AM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

i find the only way enjoy life is to live it.
whenever i see a window of opportunity, i dive right through it.
whenever opportunity knocks, i open the door.

i never stopped living, all through these ups and downs.
ms.org has been there for me for the last ten years of this journey, but the recovery started the day that i decided to get real and honest with myself.
that was the day i drowned and didn't die.
that was in 1988.

every moment since then has been a gift from god.
it has gotten better, bit by bit, every second, every breath, every prayer, since then.

what i learned that day...
life is still beautiful.
life still has meaning and purpose.
i am not what happens to me.
i am not what i do.

for better of worse, bad or good,
all that occurs is adventure.
don't hate it, appreciate it!

i am worthy.
i am real.
i exist, now!
death will come soon enough,
so i cannot waste a single day.
i must use this time i have left.
don't worry, be happy.

yes, it truly is as simple as that.

i try to teach others this,
hopefully they can learn to love life (like i do)
without going through the agony of losing it first (like i did).

War
Love
Poetry

#460186 - 02/05/14 03:31 PM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

I'm just a little down atm, but I am not done. I have to retreat to me post from a while back: if I give up they win, and I won't let that happen. There just has to be more to life then this part of me, but I have not yet found it is all.

#460231 - 02/06/14 06:12 PM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

Things are turning, finally! I got a job. It's for a year and could become permanent. It's a start, and I will no longer spend most of my day alone. Praise God!

#460232 - 02/06/14 06:34 PM Re: Finding Strength through Faith - Triggers [Re: BuffaloCO]
victor-victim Offline

Hooray!

That warms my heart.
Congratulations.
I was praying for you.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.