Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441396 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#426413 - 02/25/13 11:16 AM Re: gotta take the trip [Re: seaotter]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nathan,

It is very touching to remember your MS brother in this way. Just took a look back at this old, dormant thread.

Thank you for keeping the memory of Gunnar, who I never met, alive.

Cant

#426415 - 02/25/13 11:44 AM Re: gotta take the trip [Re: seaotter]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Life is so complicated sometimes...
I'm deeply moved by your feelings toward your friend Nathan. I'm sure he was great and warm person and I've felt honored to learn about your friendship.

Pero

#426467 - 02/25/13 07:44 PM Re: gotta take the trip [Re: seaotter]
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
Gunnar,

It doesn't seem or feel like 10 years have past!

That the boy I was that couldn't sleep, the one who had nightmares when he did. The one who couldn't cry or allow him self to feel. The boy you helped to become a man.

With out your advice, your kind words, your understanding. With out you pushing me forwards making me question what I through was true. Helping me find friends, and a new family here on MS.

I hope you would be proud of who I grew up into... [Remembering that when I was 10 years younger I didn't think I would make it to here! Couldn't see myself as an adult. Didn't want to be an adult].

I am indebted to you forever, for the love and friendship you showed to me as a lost child in a world, and shall carry on "Paying it Forwards", by in turn helping others become more always.

As I look around a site which when I was a teen, had supported and guiding me through the worst of times, I feel strangely at home, even though there are ten-thousand new names of siblings I have yet to meet.

When you were here, you introduced me to CyberChild, another teen at the time who was just as lost and confused as I was. When you died it cemented our friendship in time its self. For 10 years later, me and CyberChild's friendship is still as strong as ever. I even flew out to the USA (for the 5th time) to spend xmas and new year with him. And one of my favourite memories is when we both flew to Amsterdam your city, and had a drink to celebrate you.

The child you knew didn't have any good memories, just pain. I wish I could share with you now all these new memories I have created, all the exciting things I have done. And to let you know that the pain, the nightmares have nearly all gone, (Yes I still have the odd bad day, but it's not everyday). Thank you for not getting mad when I said I didn't believe you that one day it would get better, I guess I had to live it to believe it.

Now I need to go, I have a class of 30 eight-years to teach in the morning, and time and healing and yes even 2 year of therapy (I remember always swearing blind to you and most other people on MS I would never go do that!) has allowed me to sleep peaceful, as I hope you are now.

Catch you on the flip side.
Elliot!

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#426482 - 02/25/13 08:26 PM Re: gotta take the trip [Re: seaotter]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Wow....MS now has "Old Days."

You look WAY back in some of those posts...wow! Where are they now?

I'm SO pleased and encouraged to see a departed MS member remembered like this.

Nearly the entire crowd I met here when I was first tossed up on the beach is gone....long gone.

I miss SO many of them. I wish they would pop-in some time and say "hay!"

Still's Globs

New Video

#426516 - 02/26/13 12:28 AM Re: gotta take the trip [Re: seaotter]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Elliot,

I can only echo what you have said in this posting, it has been a challenging but rewarding decade. I know if it wasn't for Gunnar I would not be the man I am today. I hope that he is looking down on us an is proud of the men we have become. Love you always Gunnar an we will meet again one day.

Everyone,

Thank you for the kind words and the support, it is always a time of reflection when this day comes. It took just one man to shape an change my life an my friend's life forever. One simple survivor saved me from my self an set me on this path. We can never know the true depth of our actions and how they shape other people's lives. I am honored to volunteer an give back to my fellow survivors all because of a good friend made me laugh when no one else could. Even within the darkness you showed me there is light, there is hope, and there is love.

Lots of love to you an everyone on MS.

Nathan LaChine aka CyberChild

#461469 - 02/25/14 10:57 AM Re: gotta take the trip [Re: seaotter]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Amazing how quickly time passes..... I have never forgot the kindness, friendship, and humor that you shared with me. I hope that as the years go by I live up to your expectations and you know that I am human and make mistakes. What I would give just to spend one more night in chat with you. Thank you for all that you did for me my friend, you will always be missed but never forgotten.

Lots of love always,
Nathan

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.