Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluestar7 (45), ferdie1949 (65), jonathan (57), LovingFriend (27), tjp42588 (26)
Who's Online
3 registered (truestory, forgive777, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62567 Topics
438394 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#426338 - 02/24/13 06:39 PM Re: Hii [Re: traveler]
Drummer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Traveler,

I just wanted to say that your avatar is amazingly perfect!! When I first saw it, I saw ME carrying the head of my PERP and that was a wonderful feeling!!
"The Trial" from Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

#426343 - 02/24/13 07:11 PM Re: Hii [Re: Drummer]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
hey, Drummer!

actually that is my 2nd avatar. my 1st was a closeup of the face of Isaac on the altar with Abraham's knife at his throat. it really expressed where i was when i first came here. this one of David with the head of Goliath is an improvement, i think. Caravaggio did several versions of the same subject - look em up. in at least one, he used his own face as that of Goliath - a certain amount of self-loathing there, don't you think? glad you like it. i really makes me feel like taking the power back. i dont see it as a specific perp - but as the whole nasty situation and practice and effects of CSA that i want to put to death.

with apologies for the hijack!,
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#426344 - 02/24/13 07:14 PM Re: Hi [Re: weharry1959]
Drummer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi!

I'm not sure how to reply to individual posts as I tried to do that and it just added it to the end of the thread so I guess I'll do as I did before and reply en masse.

I'm feeling rather good this evening so I wanted to seize the opportunity and say a few words; I don't really know why I feel so good this evening and I don't really care why so much; just happy to feel good!

It is truly amazing how wonderful and supportive everyone is here! I am in constant awe at how all of you are so strong and encouraging! Especially having gone through the hell that we all know too well!

I wanted to assure you all that I'm here to stay! I feel like I belong, really! Perhaps for the first time in my life!

One line hit me in particular:
Quote:
I just want you to know that at the same time you're seeking answers, you're helping others in their healing. By reading your story, I'm understanding mine a lot better, and its helping me with the pain.

The thought that my words and experience is helping others is beyond declaration! I truly feel honored that I can actually be of help! That helps make all the work I've done in signing up here and writing my introduction so worth it!!

Besides getting the steady stream of support from all of you here at MS, I'd like to acknowledge that my wife is a major strong hold of support for me and I can't thank her enough! I'm positive that much of my own behavior certainly doesn't warrant such kindness and understanding as I'm getting from her and I know how fortunate I am to have it smile.

A question, in the event that anyone has any info:
My T and wife are encouraging me to attend one of the weekends of recovery. I'm concerned that, because I still struggle with directing anger at my perp as an individual (no problem having anger at what he did to me, though!) that I may not get as much out of a short weekend. I'm wondering if anyone has input about the effectiveness of a weekend like that and/or does anyone know of a longer excursion of say a week (more or less). I'm scared of the idea of either the weekend or week retreats but I feel confident that I need to do something along those lines to help in my healing!

Thank you all!! You guys ROCK!! I feel a sense of pride to be counted as a member along with all of you!

#426497 - 02/25/13 10:44 PM Re: Hi [Re: Drummer]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:19 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#428326 - 03/17/13 08:04 PM Re: Hi [Re: Drummer]
Drummer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Geoff,

Quote:
I only have the one choice......Die or get better.

I've just read through your story and timeline and I just wanted to say how glad I am that you chose to 'get better'!

It enrages me as well, the concept that somehow we 'asked for it'. My God, how the ignorance astounds!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.