Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#426599 - 02/26/13 06:55 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
yeah -
at my house, the CSA was silent - nothing to hear - but the physical abuse was pretty loud - but i think most of the yelling was by him.
you know the old saying -"spare the rod and spoil the child." i can't even imagine how may rods were spoiled on me. but then there were always belts, etc.
no - nobody would have thought of interfering.
and i always knew enough to smile for the camera.
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#426633 - 02/27/13 12:45 AM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: traveler]
crazy gecko Offline

Originally Posted By: traveler
yeah -
at my house, the CSA was silent - nothing to hear - but the physical abuse was pretty loud - but i think most of the yelling was by him.

Are we related? Cause you're describing my family. CSA was silent. Even sobbing while being abused resulted in severe punishment. Screaming would probably have got us beaten close to death. But the yelling and cursing and throwing things and beating everyone up - damn. Unless the neighbours were stone deaf, they must have heard...

I guess it just wasn't their business. Back then people knew to stay out of other people's business. smirk
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#426690 - 02/27/13 03:03 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:22 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#426699 - 02/27/13 07:23 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
ya know guys
It is amazing how normal the whole thing seemed. I remember once when the some of the bullies at school bashed my head with a rock and dad came up to the school. He asked me at 13 if I thought I should go to the Dr. It was dad! of course I was tougher than them... no I didn't go. bled pretty much the whole year I feel it marked me for that final perp and nothing was ever said or done. one day at T I told about all this and I was angry .. I nearly hit, well I did pound my fist into my leg but I calmed and left. later I was with my son and as I talked to him I became so angry again. I told my son the story and how I never felt safe or protected and I got angry and hit the car and cried with him as well. and after a minute he said to me " you know dad if it makes any difference... you never let me feel that way" and ya know ... it made all the difference in the world.

Edited by newground (02/27/13 07:24 PM)
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#426702 - 02/27/13 08:24 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
yes, newground - i know what you mean. telling my wife about the dodge-ball incident, she was just incredulous that parents would have done nothing like that - but i accepted it as normal at the time. that's why it hit me so hard when it all came up now - i had never looked at it through normal adult eyes as a parent and seen what really happened. the reality check was shocking. i get you.
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#426716 - 02/28/13 12:01 AM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Oh lord, this is beautiful. Thanks. It makes me happier than it hurts (and it hurts a lot) to know that love does happen in families. Some families.

#427875 - 03/12/13 09:10 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow I haven't cried like this in a long time.

#428183 - 03/15/13 07:16 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:22 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.