Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
2 registered (crabbott, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446621 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#426129 - 02/22/13 11:28 AM Fathers and Sons
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I just about lost it watching this story:
(Update...it was uploaded to YouTube so I could embed...and I'm outta Kleenex)

#426144 - 02/22/13 01:33 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i hate the fact that "nice stories" can trigger as much and as hard as others.

#426203 - 02/22/13 11:27 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
yeah - glad that at least somebody got it right
- but angry and sad that i never had it like that.
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#426337 - 02/24/13 06:31 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Well, you turned on the water-works here too.

Back when I traveled near constantly, I saw a lot of those. One night...............

Posted a few years back:

They moved clumsily through the non-secure, arrival area of the airport. The Mom, the grandparents, the aunts, uncle. Their little group of about 8 positioned themselves so that no arriving passenger was going to get past the filter they became.

The signs, the balloons and cameras did not even phase him. He looked to be about 12ish. He looked as if he was waiting for something awfully special…but very nervous too. He clearly had been crying a lot. Mom, aunts and uncles jumped with excitement and sometimes gave him a tug to test his excitement. He stood, he fidgeted and swayed holding on tight to a sign the aunt just gave him.

“Excuse me...what flight did you come off of?” they’d ask people over and over again as they streamed past. Then a scream….”that’s HIS flight!” They became really excited. The boy bounced and peered down the long terminal hallway. More and more passengers walked by. Eye’s were glued down that hall…necks craned. Then numerous screams in unison. The boy froze, then yelled "DAD!!!" louder than any background noise in the entire airport combined. The great brown camouflage man ran down the hall. Tears flowing down the frozen boy’s face. The great man bypassed mom, grans and all others. He ran to his boy. The sign drops to the floor. The boy is lifted and spun.

Not a dry eye in that part of San Antonio airport!

Welcome home G.I. Joe....and God Bless!

Still Not Recognized

#426340 - 02/24/13 06:53 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Many of us had huge vacuums in our lives instead of loving, caring fathers. I think this vid evokes tears in us.

Puffer

#426438 - 02/25/13 03:27 PM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
I have to say I will never no that feeling being a son
But being a Father I can give all i have into raising my 3 sons and one day I hope they can hug me like that .

For those of us that are Fathers all we can do is be the best dam father we can be and give our children a life that we deserved to have.

No tears for me only reaffirms my duties as a father
I have gotten over what could have been and i choose to focus what is and what is within my control

Good stuff , not saying that it is not ok to wonder what if

Just saying this is where i am and i understand everyone is in a different place
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#426524 - 02/26/13 01:08 AM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Still]
crazy gecko Offline

Originally Posted By: Still
The boy froze, then yelled "DAD!!!" louder than any background noise in the entire airport combined. The great brown camouflage man ran down the hall. Tears flowing down the frozen boy’s face. The great man bypassed mom, grans and all others. He ran to his boy. The sign drops to the floor. The boy is lifted and spun.

My eyes are also welling up with tears, reading this. I would give anything to know what that feels like...
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#426546 - 02/26/13 10:18 AM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: crazy gecko]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: crazy gecko
I would give anything to know what that feels like...

I've been going through a ton of stock (license) photos lately looking for contents of one of my legislative/lobbying web pages. I had stumbled upon an entire genre of photos that rip my heart out.

They are painful in that I see clearer and clearer what I missed with regards parental love.

Those hugs in the video above, the hugs and love in the homecoming I wrote of...I knew none of those. I loved my parents. Event though... Even though I attached to a revolving door of hired help who could not reciprocate as true mothers; Even though the man I though was the center of the universe beat me unpredictably, kicked me like a 3rd-world stray dog and would torture my soul with sun-set to sun-rise sessions of pee-my-pants horror...I still loved them.

Going through those stock photos and some of MY family, I would literally go breathless at the demonstrated affection and returned love that I never knew.

A while ago, I sent to my one-surviving sister a photo of the Romney Family, all gathered, squished together on one piece of furniture and looking alive. i added a note to her; "We never knew this...not once." Her response; "no...not even once."

I never knew the feeling of nature and due safety provided by either parent...reciprocated love...and I never knew an ounce of physical affection --- from him.

Still Not Recognized

#426547 - 02/26/13 10:27 AM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
oh, man - you're killin me! i have such a hard time seeing these.

and i hate it that every time i see a photo like those - my mind instantly jumps to - "i wonder what really goes on when nobody else is looking..." how sick is that? and guess who taught me to think that way?
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#426549 - 02/26/13 10:40 AM Re: Fathers and Sons [Re: Lancer]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
"i wonder what really goes on when nobody else is looking..."

When no one is looking...or listening too?

No CSA went on in my house as a kid, but the violence was off the freakin hook!

I know I was often loud enough for the neighbors to hear --- even in the cold weather when the windows were closed. I know, because kids from surrounding houses would tell me they heard.

But no matter, in the late 60 and early-to-mod 70s, proper white-bread families were not messed with when it came to child abuse. The term "Child-Abuse" did not even exist for people outside "inner-cities."

Still Not Recognized

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.