Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, don64, Seekingwisdom, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447681 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426325 - 02/24/13 04:40 PM Been a while
Fastedd72 Offline

Loc: Harold Wood
Guys. I've not posted for a while. So just touching base. My healing has been a bit of a roller coaster.

#426328 - 02/24/13 05:04 PM Re: Been a while [Re: Fastedd72]
thedudeabides Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Hi Fastedd72,

I saw your name in the new posts and had to say hello--I'm an Ed also. They call me dude around here for some reason...

Ah, the Recovery roller coaster. It's quite a ride isn't it? On top of the world one day;ready to smack someone the next.

I read a few of your posts and your blog. I understand about the trusted family friend (family member in my case). Very similar circumstances. I never told my parents and they would have been shocked like yours were. My Dad died a couple of years ago (I'm 49) and it would only hurt my Mom so I figured there was no point in telling her now. Also my perp is deceased by his own hand, so why bother?

I didn't really have a point to my message but felt compelled to say hello anyway. Be well Ed. I hope your healing begins to smooth out soon.

Dude

They flutter behind you, your possible pasts;
Some bright-eyed and crazy, some frightened and lost...
And strung out behind us the banners and flags
of our possible pasts lie in tatters and rags.
Roger Waters

#426342 - 02/24/13 06:56 PM Re: Been a while [Re: Fastedd72]
pittsburgh Offline

Loc: west Chester, Pa
Oh,Yes it has been quite a roller coaster for me also. However have found,at last a better place, It is possable to have at least some healing.Still was and is not a easy jouney, I found that once I was willing and wanted it bad enough I was able to move forward. I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Gods speed in your jouney.
it is and has been quite a trip thru life, as last I feel that I am in a better place, it takes work and in my case a wife the was and is forgiveing and helpful. At last a relationship has gone right, messed up three.

#426525 - 02/26/13 01:21 AM Re: Been a while [Re: Fastedd72]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
And a tedious, albeit necessary roller coaster. Care to elaborate? I know often times the highs don't seem to last as long as we would like and the lows always overstay their, well, "unwelcome." : P In any case, I'm glad to see you are still on the road of recovery even if it has been bumpy here and there!

Edited by Publius (02/26/13 01:22 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.