Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jacob S, pow), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445407 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426325 - 02/24/13 04:40 PM Been a while
Fastedd72 Offline

Loc: Harold Wood
Guys. I've not posted for a while. So just touching base. My healing has been a bit of a roller coaster.

#426328 - 02/24/13 05:04 PM Re: Been a while [Re: Fastedd72]
thedudeabides Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Hi Fastedd72,

I saw your name in the new posts and had to say hello--I'm an Ed also. They call me dude around here for some reason...

Ah, the Recovery roller coaster. It's quite a ride isn't it? On top of the world one day;ready to smack someone the next.

I read a few of your posts and your blog. I understand about the trusted family friend (family member in my case). Very similar circumstances. I never told my parents and they would have been shocked like yours were. My Dad died a couple of years ago (I'm 49) and it would only hurt my Mom so I figured there was no point in telling her now. Also my perp is deceased by his own hand, so why bother?

I didn't really have a point to my message but felt compelled to say hello anyway. Be well Ed. I hope your healing begins to smooth out soon.

Dude

They flutter behind you, your possible pasts;
Some bright-eyed and crazy, some frightened and lost...
And strung out behind us the banners and flags
of our possible pasts lie in tatters and rags.
Roger Waters

#426342 - 02/24/13 06:56 PM Re: Been a while [Re: Fastedd72]
pittsburgh Offline

Loc: west Chester, Pa
Oh,Yes it has been quite a roller coaster for me also. However have found,at last a better place, It is possable to have at least some healing.Still was and is not a easy jouney, I found that once I was willing and wanted it bad enough I was able to move forward. I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Gods speed in your jouney.
it is and has been quite a trip thru life, as last I feel that I am in a better place, it takes work and in my case a wife the was and is forgiveing and helpful. At last a relationship has gone right, messed up three.

#426525 - 02/26/13 01:21 AM Re: Been a while [Re: Fastedd72]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
And a tedious, albeit necessary roller coaster. Care to elaborate? I know often times the highs don't seem to last as long as we would like and the lows always overstay their, well, "unwelcome." : P In any case, I'm glad to see you are still on the road of recovery even if it has been bumpy here and there!

Edited by Publius (02/26/13 01:22 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.