Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
1 registered (Rustam), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63112 Topics
441356 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426130 - 02/22/13 11:31 AM Cost of Silence:
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:08 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#426140 - 02/22/13 12:44 PM Re: Cost of Silence: [Re: bodyguard8367]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
People like Mr. Klein have Jadin's blood on their hands. I hope in some way Jadin is appropriately memorialized. Assuming his family was supportive, I also hope they can channel their fury into making certain this never happens again in their community and let it be Jadin's legacy, much the same as Matthew Shepard.

As upsetting as your post was, G, I'm glad you put it up. Lousy way to start life in your new home, however. And this happened in Portland of all places?

I dunno what it is, but I've lately been displaying a temporal perspective on things. Despite that news, progress is being made...imo, just not fast enuf to save young lives like Jadin's. The issue of bullying is getting the attention it deserves and some communities are indeed responding. Bigoted religious extremists like Mr. Klein who bully are also getting the negative attention they deserve. And there are hate crime laws on the books everywhere.

For all our imperfections - and who doesn't have 'em? - it was those of us who are Boomers who decided we were fed up with Vietnam, for example, and raised hell. In 1969, we also decided we were fed up with NYPD harassment at Stonewall and kicked some police butt. Not to gloss over the tragedy of Jadin - today's environment is such that he most certainly will NOT be forgotten and his school will at least pay a moral and financial price - but that's a pretty good legacy of our own and the momentum remains ours.

#426689 - 02/27/13 02:28 PM xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Re: bodyguard8367]
wearytraveler Offline

Loc: xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by wearytraveler (01/17/14 05:47 PM)

#426700 - 02/27/13 07:35 PM Re: Cost of Silence: [Re: bodyguard8367]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I commit to you today. Right now. At this very moment, that I will stand in condemnation of those who imply:
1) that men don't get raped
2) that gay men "wanted it"
3) that incest/molestation doesn't matter because victim was gay
4) that women can't rape
5) that silence in the face of SA & CSA is EVER appropriate.....

Count me as one who will stand with you

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.