Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (ShortedDiode), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63784 Topics
445420 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#426090 - 02/21/13 09:42 PM Stop Discrimination Against Male Victims
EqualMeansEqual Offline

It has recently come to my attention that the Obama administration has set forth regulations requiring that domestic abuse screening and counseling services be covered as preventive care, meaning that insurance must pay in full with no copays or deductibles. However, these regulations apply exclusively to women, meaning that male victims that have endured the exact same thing may be expected to pay out of pocket for access to these services. I've started a petition on Change.org calling on the administration to revise these discriminatory regulations so that these services will be covered for all victims of domestic abuse, regardless of gender. It can be accessed at http://www.change.org/petitions/presiden...domestic-abuse. I hope that you will consider signing and sharing it with any friends or family who you feel may be supportive.

#426107 - 02/22/13 02:07 AM Re: Stop Discrimination Against Male Victims [Re: EqualMeansEqual]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi EqualMeansEqual,

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of this community.

It is disheartening that physical, emotional and sexual abuse is still viewed as happening only to women.

Anomalous

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.