Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63546 Topics
443993 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425856 - 02/19/13 03:24 PM Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence In the House of God
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God

Sunday February 17, 2013 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT on CBC News Network

The Passionate Eye

'Mea Maxima Culpa' looks at Catholic Church's abuse cover-up, Los Angeles Times review, Mary McNamara,

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-mea-maxima-culpa-20130204,0,6297138.story

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/episode/mea-maxima-culpa-silence-in-the-house-of-god.html

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (02/19/13 03:25 PM)

#425948 - 02/20/13 02:45 PM Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of GOD
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
Watched this documentary on HBO last night cuddled up with husband and dogs, all safe and warm in the bed. STILL TRIGGERED.

Synopsis:
-Deaf Boys Molested in a school by a Pedophile Priest who targeted children whose families could not SIGN so there was no way to tell.
-The Priest is confronted as he ages by the men who lived and told.
-Absolutely NOTHING IS DONE. NOTHING. The Priest dies in the service of the church.

Kicker:
-Vatican was aware of outspoken Deaf male victims as early as 1974 Yet took NO ACTION.
-Pope JPII was aware but neglected action, choosing to protect priest pedophiles because they collected large sums of charity.
-Pope Benedict (Ratzinger) was aware of EVERY SINGLE CASE of Child Abuse accusation made against a priest as of 2001 on. (He was THE person in charge of the investigations and largely defended the priests)

AS IT STANDS:
-Courageous Deaf men molested as children group together and file suit against the VATICAN naming the Priest who molested them, Pope Benedict, and other GateKeepers who protected the pedophilic priests.

REACTION:
-I at first felt the familiar anger and outrage building. (I after all was molested in a church by an organist, not the same but not all that different.) (Second, my parents used the Catholic Doctrine to justify their abandonment and ostracizing of me after I came out at 15)
-I watched with helpless seething anger as the priests were protected over and over by the enormously powerful Catholic Church
-I marveled at the strength these deaf men showed when talking/signing about their helplessness to protect themselves and the awful truth of having to recover from being molested and then denied justice. They passed out wanted posters and literature explaining what the abusive priest had done ~to NO AVAIL~ Not Once, Not Twice, But over and over.

-I no longer have any love for the Catholic Church, I view it as an EVIL EMPIRE built to protect the entitled. This documentary shows clearly that the Vatican KNEW about the problem of pedophilia running rampant in the priesthood and chose to do nothing as early as the mid 1800's. Even NOW as Ratzinger steps down from the papacy, the numbers defy belief. ONE PRIEST - raped, sodomized and abused over 200 victims, and was never removed from the priesthood. He retired, grew old, and died with the full protection of the VATICAN. This is not an isolated case, Indeed Tens of Thousands of Victims accuse Tens of thousands of Priests, and many of them are SILENCED by denial and Lies. This is a systemic problem indicative of a blistering indictment of the church's teachings and formation of priests. The Roman Catholic Seminary and Formation is statistically proven to foster Pedophilia. Institutional denial and dedication to it's own interests over that of the victims it so wrongly tragically painfully abused are the hallmarks of its actions.

Their day is coming. The European Nations are currently uncovering the same level of corruption already infamous in America. One Day soon I hope the records will be released, and everyone will see the sheer volume of abuse perpetuated by this church leaves only its dissolution as an acceptable compromise. Synonymous with Evil such as that which brought Penn State to its knees the Catholic Church will have no more secrets and no one left to abuse.

G

-The Catholic Church has spent more than 2 Billion Dollars defending priests who abused tens of thousands of children.

#425968 - 02/20/13 07:20 PM "" [Re: pufferfish]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:04 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.