Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
8 registered (MrsC, Sonata1, bluesky, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63851 Topics
445836 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425885 - 02/19/13 08:44 PM I'm back
richard s cooper Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I'm not sure what i want to say , although i know why i'm back , the crap going on with the pope and stuff from the catholic church here in Massachusetts is being dug up,if you will, again, Cardinal O'malley is being looked at for possible replacement for the popes position, i'll keep my comments to myself about that "for now" im disgusted i live,we live, in a society that the church abuse scandal is STILL being talked about and mishandled and thank you god i'm in therapy,and a little over 8 months sober,with an amazing wife who loves me with all her heart,i have lots of support otherwise im not so sure i would "survive" in all this chaos, anyway i am going to use MS as a support network this time instead of just visiting and reading and saying nothing, thats enough outta me for now, god bless all of you. Coop

#425901 - 02/19/13 10:18 PM Re: I'm back [Re: richard s cooper]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Welcome back. I understand your disgust with the church. I am glad you have support I live in an unsupported environment. But that is neither here or there. The church is only surviving because many in the church are in denial of what was done and how children were destroyed for their lifetime. They keep the church going and destroy the victims with their blind faith and ignorance. It sickens me to see all this hoopla about Benedict-he too had involvement with cover-up of the abuse.

Keep going--I am glad you shared and are seeking help and have support.

Kevin

Edited by KMCINVA (02/19/13 10:48 PM)

#425908 - 02/20/13 01:54 AM Re: I'm back [Re: richard s cooper]
richard s cooper Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Hey Kevin - Thank you for your kind words, Benidict is defitely involved in the church scandal, payback for him is coming in the form of old age , you watch it will happen, but anyway , it's nice to be back and i truly hope you can get yourself some support YOU DESERVE IT , stay strong .

Rich

#425919 - 02/20/13 07:52 AM Re: I'm back [Re: richard s cooper]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Welcome Rich,
we are here to give support to each other.
I found many good friends here and also learned a lot about coping with problems connected to abuse.
Abuse practice done under cover of religion and later practice of hiding it represent spiritual betrayal which is so destructive.
I hope you'll find way to stay grounded and safe when exposed to media and news that could be triggering.

Keep sharing with us!

Pero

#425920 - 02/20/13 07:52 AM Re: I'm back [Re: richard s cooper]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hi Coop,

Welcome back! And good for you in speaking out like this. Its a sure step in recovery. Therapy....sobriety....you're doing all the right things. Keep up the good work buddy. We're always here for you.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#426089 - 02/21/13 09:38 PM Re: I'm back [Re: richard s cooper]
gulfwarvet92 Offline

Loc: Mass
Thanks Jude - I have been meaning for YEARS to come back and join you guys, i'm in therapy seeing a dynamite therapist and married to an amazing woman who i love with and trust with all my heart, i never thought i'd be able to say that ESPECIALLY about a woman seeing that my mother is who molested me,my therapist she is "right on" and is critical for me in my sobriety , life is good but i have had my days especially since the horror in conneticut, spell check , it brought up alot of stuff from my childhood around feeling so powerless and helpless however i didnt allow those feelings to take over , i talked about it, i called my therapist after hrs and reached out to people i trust, and i got through it, there are some really sick - people in this world, although i don't need to be saying this here, that's why i'm here right ? anyway i am hoping i can get some support and get to know some of you again, god willing. Anyway take care and i'll be back in a few hours.

Coop

#426501 - 02/25/13 11:04 PM Re: I'm back [Re: richard s cooper]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:19 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#426529 - 02/26/13 03:15 AM Re: I'm back [Re: richard s cooper]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I cannot even begin to tell you how amazingly supportive and safe i felt years ago - about 5 1/2 yrs ago when I would disassociate many times a day as i have PTSD my anxiety was awful but I got through it because you kind souls and your patience, i will never forget that for as long as i live, life is good today and MS has alot to do with it, thank you for loving me when I clearly could not love myself, for that I'm grateful.

Coop

Edited by thecoopstah (02/26/13 03:20 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.