Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447635 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#425701 - 02/18/13 01:40 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
There have been a few news stories showing this boy, Ethan, meeting the governor and playing in his office, smiling and laughing, and also being evaluated by "Dr. Phil."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-hostage-rescue-year-ethan-speaks-dr-phil/story?id=18475987

Despite the cute clips, his mother asserts that he screams in his sleep and can't stand the sight of a school bus.

Who knows? I'm not a therapist but I'd tend to think that a kid that young and "surface level" couldn't possibly fake his way into acting so normal and carefree so soon after an incident of painful and traumatically invasive physical abuse... though I guess there are guys here who could testify firsthand. And, shit, my parents swore up and down they never saw a hint of a change in me at 8, probably because I'd blocked it out near-instantly and had nothing to "hide." Hrrmmmphhhh.

Since we'll all but certainly never be told the full details, it's best just to assume there was nothing further. Having seen the kid now, it hurts to speculate on something worse.

Matt

Edited by SoccerStar (02/18/13 02:00 PM)

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#425773 - 02/18/13 11:40 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: SoccerStar]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think this is evidence of a heavy PTSD. It can remain hidden in children:

Quote:

Despite the cute clips, his mother asserts that he screams in his sleep and can't stand the sight of a school bus.

It will come out much later if it isn't taken care of at this early stage. A good therapist could defuse his inner terror.

Puffer

#425846 - 02/19/13 02:46 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: pufferfish]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I think this is evidence of a heavy PTSD. It can remain hidden in children:

Quote:

It will come out much later if it isn't taken care of at this early stage. A good therapist could defuse his inner terror.

Puffer

To Be Honest TBA: He's toast.

#443337 - 08/05/13 06:28 AM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
there is no doubt that he has been deeply impacted.

i will pray for his recovery.
and hope that he gets what he deserves...
all the love, guidance, support and protection he needs from good people right here on earth.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.