Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
7 registered (pufferfish, Cthulhu, 5 invisible), 78 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62526 Topics
438162 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#425638 - 02/18/13 12:05 AM Help me
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys,

I'm feeling some things for the first time and it's not good. I've opened up the division between my primary self and the emotional response to the abuse (Izzy), and now Izzy is fucking me up.

I need to feel connected, but Izzy is really strong. I want to honor Izzy but I've been protecting myself from Izzy for 30 years for a reason -- because it's too much to handle.

I just need someone to talk to. Can someone talk to me?

Cant

#425640 - 02/18/13 12:11 AM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Cant

Sure. We need to talk. It's kind of late tonight.

The response you're getting with izzy is typical but you're on the young side for becoming aware of it.

Puff

#425644 - 02/18/13 12:32 AM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
SmartShadow Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hay can't, so sorry to here about your situation.

Is this part of the plan?

Is a T helping you integrate

Or are you wanting to open up to izzy and the emotional responses?

#425679 - 02/18/13 09:27 AM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm doing a little better this morning.

I had about 4 rum-and-cokes in me last night when Izzy was really presenting himself.

For those of you who asked in PM, Izzy is what I'm calling my dissociated emotional state, because I had a visual image of him (it?) as a dark gray sphere with the word "Is" written on it in white letters, because he (it?) just wants his existence acknowledged.

So, I named him "Izzy," and he's a mean MF'er.

Puffer, thanks. At 36, I'm glad to be on the young side of anything.

Smart Shadow, I'm not sure if this is part of the plan. Yes I am trying to integrate Izzy into me, but I what I lack is the ability to regulate how much of him I feel. I go from numb to 100% emotion, and that's not good and not bearable.

Anyway, thank Christ for MS.

Cant

#425708 - 02/18/13 02:29 PM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
Dude... I know how you feel. My pills keep the dissociated state at bay most of the time. It's the only way I can cope. Medicating is the only advice I can offer, because that's all that ever worked for me.

#425713 - 02/18/13 02:52 PM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
jay75 Offline

Cant,

I'm happy you're doing better today, I saw your post yesterday and wanted to respond with words of encouragement but panic set in and I didnt know what to say. I know all too well what you're going through and I understand the pain that follows it. All the best to you Cant.

Heal well
-Jay-

#425717 - 02/18/13 03:36 PM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Lazy,

What pills do you take that keep you from dissociating? I'm interested in finding something that works.

Cant

#425720 - 02/18/13 04:13 PM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
Cant,
Venlafaxine XR is what I'm on right now. It keeps the Gremlins at bay most of the time. Also my mania is all but a dim memory. I do have a bit of depression that lingers, but not too too bad. One negative is that it has reduced my creativity & my ability to loose myself within my own mind... Those were two great escapes that I used to have. Everything's a trade off I guess! I hope this helps!!!

#425754 - 02/18/13 09:18 PM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

I looked up Venlafaxine, and it carries a suicide warning... so I don't want to fool with it.

Am I wrong to be afraid of anything that carries a suicide risk warning? I feel like that's already bad enough, thank you very much. But I don't know if it's an irrational fear or a justifiable one.

Cant

#425757 - 02/18/13 09:55 PM Re: Help me [Re: cant_remember]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
I remember being proscribed something and the warning label said something like, "this product can cause death but your doctor felt it was worth it for you". Yes better language but it really said something like that. I wish I kept the notice.

I lived.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.