Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (Suwanee, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63233 Topics
442179 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#332607 - 05/30/10 10:50 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
My own was a nickname I picked up while at probably the lowest time in my life, 7th & 8th grade. The nickname was brought up by a freckled, round face with brown hair which bore a resemblance to Catfish Hunter. It stuck because, for whatever reason, my sweat stinks badly and my mother didn't have the money to buy new shirts as often as necessary, I hated taking baths (I now know why, it wasn't a safe time when I was younger) and didn't use deodorant. I smelled like a catfish. Everybody hated me, I was worthless to them and was humiliated often. The nickname symbolized how worthless I truly felt. 86 stands for 1986. Although it was the year I graduated high school, it was also the year I accepted Christ and was born again. I found a new group of friends who didn't like me because I was crazy and funny to get drunk, that they could use me and had a knack for "obtaining things". They really like me for me. It was a group of sincere christians who realy didn't care about the things that I had done, Christ forgives and they allowed me to be a whole new me. It was the first steps in learning to connect with people and trust others. Truly, before 1986, I sincerely would rather not be alive. So for me, I truly was born into a new world. That ugly duckling finally was seen for who he is, not what was done to him.

Edited by catfish86 (05/30/10 10:53 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#332608 - 05/30/10 10:57 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
caesar14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Gamewell, North Carolina
I really am glad you reopened this thread Pattycakes.

My name, "caesar" is also my cats name. 14 is my number in life. I named my cat that because he is like an emporor, assertive and territorial. I would like to say I am also assertive, but I can definitely say I am territorial. lol
Anyway, it makes me laugh when people here say "hail caesar". Makes me feel good. wink Its nice to have a little fun here once in a while, as so much we discuss is so serious. Thanks again Pattycakes. And if I had a vote, I would say "Charlie".

Gary

#332612 - 05/31/10 12:44 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: caesar14]
Kiev Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA, Ukraine
Kiev is for Kiev, Ukraine. My birth place. Only it was part of the Soviet Union back then.

#332618 - 05/31/10 01:47 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Kiev]
nicked Offline

Loc: Ohio
I chose "nicked" to be a little more creative with my "nick-name."

Something that is "nicked" is a little beat-up and damaged, but still mostly good, and not completely broken.

I also like the connection to British slang where "nicked" is "stolen" since I definitely had things stolen from me.

I don't mind if you guys shorten it back down to Nick in chat.

My avatar is a "liger" a cross between a lion and a tiger- not clearly one thing or another, but sort of in-between. That sort of describes me. I also liked that they were both fierce animals- not the sort anyone would want to mess with.

Nick

#332626 - 05/31/10 07:45 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nicked]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
mine, i would think, is fairly simple... obi, short for obiwan kenobi of the star wars movies...

my story

my vlog

#332627 - 05/31/10 08:17 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Obi]
Pattycakes Offline

Loc: Canada
ha! Another StarWars fan!
Celebration V is in Orlando in August.
I'm going!

Pattycakes

#332628 - 05/31/10 08:22 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
It means "voice of a woman" + 3 x "life" in Hebrew...

: )

#332650 - 05/31/10 02:39 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: kolisha54]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Well, I use my real name plus i add my nickname (Irishmoose) from my 23 years in the Air Force.
My Irishmoose nickname that i had picked up in the Air Force was because my nose was broken as a baby, plus my ears kinda stick out, and someone thought that i looked like a moose, and being that i'm of Irish decent i just put the two together. As the old saying goes and the rest is history.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Pete..Irishmoose.

The reason i use my right name is because, my abusers had already taken my body, my innocense, my being, my heart & soul.

So, the only thing that i had left was my name. and i proudly use it.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#333148 - 06/06/10 10:25 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: nevragan]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Mine is my actual first name and the age I first told someone of my CSA. I'm 56 now...
-Alan

#333154 - 06/06/10 11:21 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: alan55]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
"pufferfish" is just a very interesting fish. I enjoy having a few fish in a tank but I don't have a "pufferfish". I used to have a list of potential online names and passwords for when I go into a website. When I came to MS a few years ago, the next name up was "pufferfish" so how about that?

pufferfish whistle

Allen

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.