Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (Logan, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446789 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425433 - 02/15/13 09:45 PM xxxxx
wearytraveler Offline

Loc: Left Site- no longer member
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by wearytraveler (01/17/14 01:04 AM)
I have left this site and am no longer a member to those who I met while here I wish you well I no longer reside in my own past but have moved on and facing what is now and what is ahead. My past no longer defines me, and it does not effect the course of who I am and my future.

#425437 - 02/15/13 11:13 PM Re: training for marathon [Re: wearytraveler]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I've never trained for a marathon...I ran some 15Ks and found that muscle is not lost, but dehydration and burning fat makes my muscle mass more defined. I was a swimmer---and noticed the same thing at the peak of my training.

You just have to keep up the protein consumption and weight training to counter any muscle catabolism.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#425450 - 02/16/13 04:36 AM Re: training for marathon [Re: wearytraveler]
crazy gecko Offline

I'm a marathon runner. I find that I trend to lose muscle mass as the distances I run get longer, but I also trend to get more definition. I've never really worried about keeping the mass on so I can't really give you advice on how to do it. When I train hard for a long race I get really skinny but that's fine with me cause I like to go for good times and extra weight just slows me down...
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.