Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (Tiger1982, Jude, 4 invisible), 57 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438169 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425366 - 02/15/13 12:51 PM hello all
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
Hi all

I'm Peter and about 2 months ago i typed in the words sexual abuse on google. Finally i started recognizing what was playing all these years. I've been addicted to smokin weed for a long period and after not being able to see friends, one helped me convincing it was time to quit.

After i quit all kind of old stuff came to the surface and the last thing i found out was that i was suffering from sexual abuse.

when i was young, my brother once abused me sexually. i thought it didnt matter, but i finally realize it did. it's good to know there's a place like malesurvivor, for i feel i need to talk to men who have experienced the same.

long story short, bad reason i came here but it sure gives a good feeling

Peter

Edited by OCN (02/15/13 12:51 PM)

#425371 - 02/15/13 01:33 PM Re: hello all [Re: OCN]
Jude Online   content

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: OCN
it's good to know there's a place like malesurvivor, for i feel i need to talk to men who have experienced the same.

Welcome Peter!

You hit the nail on the head. Many, many of us have experienced the same and one thing you learn quickly here is that you're not alone in this. One word of advice that was given to me when I arrived here: sexual abuse happens in secret, but healing happens out loud. Read/write/post as much as you can bear. It will get easier to do so in time. And we're always here for you. We've got your back.

Jude
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#425486 - 02/16/13 01:29 PM Re: hello all [Re: OCN]
Shyshark Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello OCN ...

Welcome.

You have found a source of information and support,
and compassion,

and friendship smile

Nobody wants to be here ... but we're all happy that we are.

I'm glad to welcome you to this healing place.

Shyshark

#425804 - 02/19/13 07:50 AM Re: hello all [Re: OCN]
Marc1267 Offline

Hi Peter,

I know how you feel. I also typed in something similar about being "fuc*ed" and the stories, etc all came flooding back. I wasnt abused by a relative but by someone I thought I trusted. I am new to this group and feel free to HMU if you want to talk and the biggest thing is getting into therapy and talking about things with other CSA survivors.

#425808 - 02/19/13 08:17 AM Re: hello all [Re: OCN]
Zug Offline

Loc: Progress
Welcome. I just joined myself, I have same sentiments about finding this place. Glad Im not 'the newb' lol. Glad you're here we can get better I think.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.