Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
7 registered (peroperic2009, Greg56, 4 invisible), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63649 Topics
444527 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#381922 - 01/09/12 11:14 PM How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
I am looking to file a civil suit in Pennsylvania against a perp. The statute of limitations has long expired but I am filing it anyway.

I am seeking some help from anyone who has done this in Pennsylvania. I am hoping to see how the complaint document's allegations were worded/structured etc...

I am filing this pro se (representing myself) at this point. I am not seeking advice on the merits of my case, rather, input on how to craft the most revealing allegations I can write since the complaint may be the only document I am able to file, along with hopefully the interrogatories.

#381924 - 01/09/12 11:36 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Behind You!
Highly recommend this:

BOOK

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#382039 - 01/10/12 07:29 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: Still]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you Robbie. That is a great source, some libraries have it. Its cost is almost as much as the filing fee of $170.

So, again, I am seeking real examples of the complaint document for child sex abuse civil case. Its the document written and submitted by the plaintiff with the allegations. It starts the civil suit. Thanks.

#382114 - 01/11/12 05:09 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

To be even more specific, I am looking for examples of how the "allegations" are worded/phrased, and how the money claim is stated. Thanks again. PM me if it helps to contact me that way.

#382442 - 01/15/12 09:34 AM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

I noticed this related topic over in Family and Friends...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=382118#Post382118

Has exactly the lead I am looking for, and a couple phone calls connected the dots to the docket number of the plaintiff's complaint. In Pennsylvania, it is the county's Prothonotary Office that is the "court clerk" for civil cases, and from the prothonotary copies can be requested.

#383433 - 01/25/12 11:58 AM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, I got the copy of the original complaint for the civil suit in PA and it is exactly what I was hoping for and it will serve as an excellent template for drafting a complaint of my own.

I would be willing to share a copy of the original complaint, please PM me now or whenever you are reading this.

Am I going to file the complaint once I draft it? I don't know, let's see how I feel about it once it is done. But I can tell you this, I feel a whole lot better when I am in attack mode and I can't think of a better way to put the blame/responsibility back on the perp.

#422954 - 01/22/13 04:23 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

An update a year later... I've drafted the civil complaint, and sat on it for a couple of months to see how I feel about filing it. I've decided to file it. I'm feeling anxious about the repercussions that I am making up in my head but I feel I need to do it and stand up for myself. I am reasonably sure it will be dismissed, but the suit will become a fact of record. At best, someone else may come forward, and who knows...

#422959 - 01/22/13 06:29 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
good for you - for making the decision. only you can say if it is the right thing for you - but it sounds like you have thought it through and carefully considered the alternatives. i can't help but think that this is a positive step - and a BIG one! of course - please keep us informed of whatever happens.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#422983 - 01/22/13 10:38 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bravo. You are my hero.

Stick it to them. Make them sweat.

Cant

#425234 - 02/13/13 10:43 PM Re: How to File a Civil Complaint Form in Pennsylvania [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

An update.... Abuser has been served the civil lawsuit documents by the sheriff, wish I could have been there to see it. I learned that the sheriff doesn't just leave a sticky note on the door when the defendant is not home, and twice he was not home. They question people to find out the current whereabouts of the defendant, they knock on neighbors' doors, sounds quite embarrassing for the abuser, too f@cking bad for him. It's been over a week now, and I have not heard anything from the defendant's lawyer which I would have expected by now. Although, I did have a phone call where the caller hung up immediately and I traced it back to the defendant's wife's place of employment. Should be a Valentine's Day to remember for the couple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.