Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (woodenshoes, highflight, focusedbody, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#428360 - 03/18/13 09:22 AM Re: Victim Rant [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (05/03/13 06:07 PM)

my story

my vlog

#428361 - 03/18/13 09:33 AM Re: Victim Rant [Re: Still]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
(((Obi)))
I'm so sorry that you are feeling like that, don't know what to say frown

Please take care for yourself!

Pero

#428419 - 03/19/13 04:35 AM Re: Victim Rant [Re: Still]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
After reading through this thread there is not much I can say on the so-called "victim mentality." While I know it is important for me to take responsibility for myself as I take up the mantle of my recovery I also think it is essential for society/supporters to understand its difficulties, setbacks, and objectives. When all is said and done the accusation or label of "victim mentality" is just another variation of the counter-productive nonsense perpetuated by people who are afraid of facing the truth. And the truth is that CSA is a major public health crisis whose survivors all too often end up enduring a lifetime with limited or no support despite crippling handicaps imposed upon them by their trauma. I swear sometimes I feel as if we are living in the Middle Ages of mental health care.

In any case Still I want to thank you for and congratulate you upon your work in helping so many people. I am sorry you have lost so much during your journey of recovery I really am. I hope you can feel some measure of vindication in knowing you are a part of the vanguard effort against child sex abuse. You deserved better treatment just as we all do. Too many people judge success and happiness in terms of financial gain and material possessions. While I agree food, water, and shelter are prerequisites to these two goals once obtained (in excess or the bear minimum) life becomes about relationships and the search for personal meaning through them. We need love, trust, friendship, and other fruits of social living that are severely damaged at the stem by our abusive childhood. We need help and support from others in order to mend ourselves and bloom into the person we want to become. Tragically, our stems are ignored and the flower of our individuality held in contempt for not having petals as bright as those around us. Everyday, society reminds survivors that we enjoy the same soil, water, and sunshine as they do rather than accepting the fact that we were stepped on as buds and are in dire need of a splint to survive and thrive once more.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.