Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425134 - 02/13/13 02:24 AM Do familial betrayals go away with recovery
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
No.

Edited by Still (02/13/13 04:47 AM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#425145 - 02/13/13 05:25 AM Re: Do familial betrayals go away with recovery [Re: Still]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
If you have no family left, how can you have betrayal?

Cee

Why the edit, i did like the mash/whiskey bit

T. Paine

#425403 - 02/15/13 05:29 PM Re: Do familial betrayals go away with recovery [Re: Still]
DannyT Offline

Yes. I've started to feel that my dad (who was my abuser) was just a very sad and messed up human being. I was so angry with him for so many years. Now I wish I could just say, you know what dad? It's too bad you totally messed up our relationship. It's really too bad that I wasn't able to deal with the abuse for such a long time. But I wish you hadn't died in misery and guilt. I wish you could have had a life without the abuse as much as i wish I could have had the same.

#425410 - 02/15/13 06:35 PM Re: Do familial betrayals go away with recovery [Re: Still]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
For me, depends on the family member, his/her part in it and whether any attempt was made by him/her to set things right...even years and years after the fact.

Adopted father (who I still lovingly consider "Dad") had no control over my custody in that era, eventually found recovery and, imo, did more than his best to make up for his "shortcomings".

Adopted mother (who I call the "mommybitch") never did, married a guy who participated in the verbal and emotional abuse, the two of them essentially delivering me to my perp, my high school guidance counselor. And she continues in denial, despite my having confronted her years ago.

I've come to understand her dynamic completely (the psychiatricl term is narcissist or NPD). But I hold her responsible no more or less than I'd hold any adult responsible for his/her actions...and, no, I most certainly do NOT forgive her.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.