Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
6 registered (PhoenixRising, susie, Lumpy, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444204 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425133 - 02/13/13 02:12 AM Hello
JRose Offline

Loc: Florida
Hello everyone reading this.
I don't quite know where to begin. I'm a bit nervous and apprehensive about the steps I've been taking to finally come to terms with this part of my life. This past weekend after 25 years of silence I finally told my parents what happened to me. It is my time now. After years of suffering alone, and months of slowly inching my way along I took a leap. In the past I could have never fathomed reaching out to anyone, now I know I need support if I can ever hope to reach any type of peace.

I hope I can find some help here with you people and the resources from this community. Already I know I can.

#425179 - 02/13/13 12:51 PM Re: Hello [Re: JRose]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
Welcome,
I can identify with your story. I was reluctant to admit my story too, but the support I got from guys on this site was extremely helpful. I hope the same holds true for you. We've all been there

DavoSwim

#425184 - 02/13/13 01:21 PM Re: Hello [Re: JRose]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Yes you can find support here. For some, its the only source of support.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#425188 - 02/13/13 02:26 PM Re: Hello [Re: JRose]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: JRose
This past weekend after 25 years of silence I finally told my parents what happened to me. It is my time now.

Dear JRose,

Congratulations on taking this step. Most of us know what its like to have buried the sexually abusive experience we had, for many years...42 in my own case. Breaking out of that silence is hard work, and dealing with the many ways it has affected our adult lives is even harder. But what choice do we have really? I could not go on living with it anymore. We all have a chance at lives as whole healthy men if we do the work. You've made a start, now run with it! You will benefit for this site ifmake the effort. Good Luck Brother.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.