Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (pufferfish, WriterKeith, Shyshark, A74, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425128 - 02/12/13 11:46 PM hi and thanks
francis12 Offline

hi,
I have been on this site off and on for a while-got the nerve to register this month and now writing a post -stuff i never thought i could or would do. I have been running from csa issues( abuse occurred from 6-10) for too long and realize that I cannot just get over it no matter how hard i tried and prayed and wished it . Thanks to all who share on this site- it has made me hopeful and has taken me out my numb state-
francis

#425131 - 02/13/13 12:05 AM Re: hi and thanks [Re: francis12]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hi, francis12 -

and welcome.

yep - it's not a "just ignore it and maybe it'll go away" sort of deal, is it? i am glad for your sake that you are taking this positive step. it will make a difference.

lots of good stuff here - and great men who will go out of their way to help with info, encouragement, understanding, their own experiences and other forms of support.

stick around and get to know us - and tell us more about yourself when you are able to.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#425139 - 02/13/13 04:37 AM Re: hi and thanks [Re: francis12]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi francis and Welcome to MaleSurvivor!
I've been thinking about CSA for some thirty years on daily basis before I came here at the end of 2011.
I found great support here and learn a lot, I hope you'll find your own way and pace to connect to others, to share your burden and to start change from survivor to thriver.
We are here to give support to each other, you are not alone!

Pero

#425191 - 02/13/13 02:37 PM Re: hi and thanks [Re: francis12]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Francis! You've come to a place where there are men who get what you have felt and experienced. Generally you can be honest about yourself here, and not be judged (there's the occassional exception). And you can benefit from the experience of others who are further along in the recovery process. Post when you feel comfortable doing so, and read as much as you can handle in a sitting. Too much at once can leave you feeling overwhelmed, so pace yourself.

Most importantly, remeber that you are not alone. Sadly there are more than 11,000 of us who were sexually abused as boys on this site. But the good news is that you now have a source of support and help that can move you along the path of recovery.
Do the work and you'll reap the benefits.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#425192 - 02/13/13 02:38 PM Re: hi and thanks [Re: francis12]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Francis! You've come to a place where there are men who get what you have felt and experienced. Generally you can be honest about yourself here, and not be judged (there's the occassional exception). And you can benefit from the experience of others who are further along in the recovery process. Post when you feel comfortable doing so, and read as much as you can handle in a sitting. Too much at once can leave you feeling overwhelmed, so pace yourself.

Most importantly, remeber that you are not alone. Sadly there are more than 11,000 of us who were sexually abused as boys on this site. But the good news is that you now have a source of support and help that can move you along the path of recovery.
Do the work and you'll reap the benefits.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.