Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jed777, 1 invisible), 68 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62524 Topics
438157 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#425074 - 02/12/13 03:59 PM "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no."
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
My heart cored out and extinguished.... over a fucking false alarm!!!!

Son's preschool called me at work today, said the bus driver was reporting a strange woman was hanging out in front of my house and tried to take my son off the bus. The driver didn't recognize her and her name wasn't on the approved list, so do I release my son into her custody? In the middle of my office I said "No, who the hell is that person? Get her away from my son and get him out of there!" They took him back to school and in a knife-fighting panic I called the babysitter... who said everything was normal and the baby fine, she hadn't seen anything. Calm as I could I had her check every door and window and told her to dial 911 but not to hit Send until she saw something. More and more phone calls all over creation.... I'll be more mercifully brief with you than life was to me... turned out it was a different boy of the same first name, they were following protocol but got the kids mixed up for the "stranger" call.

I growled at the woman on the phone about needing to damn well be sure you are calling the right parents before saying something like that! She apologized for any aggravation it may have caused and I growled some more about how being told there is a kidnapping attempt on your son is more than just "aggravating."

Boy, good thing we spent our life savings to move here for the good school district!

Calmed and soothed my wife, and the babysitter, nothing actually happened, all mistsken identity, he is to know NOTHING of this, nothing happened, I decreed he is not to be made afraid.

Then I locked myself in a training room at work to cry, been at it 20 minutes now. Riding a wave of helplessness and hate and very very vividly picturing myself killing people in various means as I caught them grabbing and attacking him. NO ONE IS IN DANGER, IM NOT DOING ANYTHING. But pushing all the protector buttons, they don't unpush quickly. Putting him on that bus in October was my last straw, I remembered it as his coffin and my CSA achieved critical mass shortly thereafter. Triggered, shaking, stroked-out, acidified... whatever you want to call it now.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#425109 - 02/12/13 07:10 PM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Matt - i feel with you on this one.

when our son was very young - ist grade maybe? - he missed his stop and didn't make it off the bus. our house was the 1st stop. we missed him and couldn't get any word of his whereabouts for over an hour while the bus finished its route. the driver was forbidden to backtrack from the established route so we were in limbo for over an hour. one of the worst hours of my life - ranking right after ... you know.

thank God your son (and mine!) are both OK - but what a trauma to the soul of the fathers and mothers!!!

take care of your self - be extra nice to you.
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#425138 - 02/13/13 04:32 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I'm sorry for this terrible disturbance and mistake Matt, thank God that your son was safe! I would went crazy in similar situation.

Pero

#425141 - 02/13/13 04:50 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Oh M G!

don't know as I anda whole bunch of others would have seen the sun rise the next morning.

Fk I hate incompetence.

Still's Globs

New Video

#425146 - 02/13/13 05:27 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dude,

How are you doing? I'm sure that level of trigger does not un-trigger easy.

Hopefully it passes soon.

Cant

#425149 - 02/13/13 05:46 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Matt hope today is much better then yesterday!
I can't think of your turmoil, wow.

Please have a better day today!

Cee

T. Paine

#425154 - 02/13/13 07:16 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
SmartShadow Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hay Matt,
I am so sorry to here what happened.
We live in such a crazy world
One of the hardest thing as a parent is the night mirror that could destroy the fabrics of the universe.

Hang in there brother,

Mike

#425159 - 02/13/13 07:55 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
crazy gecko Offline

Wow. I can't imagine anything worse happening to any parent, let alone someone like us who actually understands what it means to be little and scared and have god-knows-what done to you... OMG.

Hang on, brother. Triggers like this take a while to subside but the important thing is that your boy is ok...
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#425161 - 02/13/13 08:05 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Thank you all for your sympathy... apparently it takes more than one night to un-trigger because I didn't get so much as an hour's sleep.... felt completely unsafe and compulsively kept checking the kids in their rooms... and all over nothing!! frown

Today will have to be better... we are safe, no one was here, nothing happened, WE ARE SAFE! Have never been so happy to have a hyperactive, hair-triggered dog that barks at every shadow...

Getting on with life... today is a normal day of school for him and at least now I know the bus monitors do their jobs...

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#425164 - 02/13/13 09:05 AM Re: "Hi, your children have been kidnapped. Wait, no." [Re: SoccerStar]
SmartShadow Offline

Loc: Washington State
Hang in there Matt,

Take care of your self
Try to get some rest if you can

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.