Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446771 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#424992 - 02/11/13 05:46 PM introduction
Benthebeaver Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello,
Iím new here. My little sister has recently been abused by my dad and told me (I reported him to the police) Because of this my own memories came back to me and I canít close this door anymore, it just overwhelms me. Itís all very new to me and Iím still scared of this topic and of the thought that it has something to do with me. All in all bad childhood memories and feelings of guilt because I couldnít protect my siblings led to some kind of complete breakdown. Now Iím in hospital, slowly recovering a bit, try to get some balance back again. Luckily I have great and understanding people around me, but I guess itís still something different to get in contact with people who have made similar experiences. And it feels good to know that Iím not the only one smile

#424994 - 02/11/13 06:08 PM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
hi, Benthebeaver!
and welcome!

you are not alone. that is the beauty of this place - it is a community of other guys who understand what you are going through. it is good that you have reached out like this. continue to ask questions, express your thoughts and feelings and tell more of your story as you are able. i'm sure you will find an amazing amount of support, encouragement and info here - as i have.

see you around,
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#424995 - 02/11/13 06:12 PM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Bentbeaver,
welcome to MaleSurvivor!
I'm sorry to hear about your story frown
I'm glad to know that you have good support and in recovery.
Take it slowly to learn about this site and take care for yourself if some stories could be too much and overwhelming, we need you to get healed in first place all other can wait wink !
I found great support here and many new buddies, it is very helpful to know that there are many others who understand. You are not alone in your pain.
I wish you fast recovery!

Pero

#425030 - 02/12/13 04:13 AM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
Benthebeaver, Guten Tag! Wie geht's?

What they said. I'm here for you too. Been hospitalized as well. Even lived in Munchen long, long ago. Feel like I ought never have left. I miss it SO much I can't stand it.

I know that everything we deal with here at MS, is universal, across national boundaries. Regardless of location and cultures, we can all share very valuable support and information.

#425031 - 02/12/13 04:22 AM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
so glad you found us Benthebeaver,kick off your shoes and hang out for a while you will find a lot of resources here and guys who truly get it. I am so glad that you have found this healing place, though so sorry you needed to.
heal well man
Jeff

#425035 - 02/12/13 06:50 AM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Welcome Ben

Just as Newground said.So glad you found us, so sorry you need us. The great option at this site is it feels safe. You can share what you need to here with impunity. There is support, information compassion, and understanding with peers. We all have a different story, but we all are just the same.

Check us out you will fdind it is easier if you take it slow.

#425040 - 02/12/13 08:41 AM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Ben!

I share everything that was said above. There are over 11,000 of us here on MS who consider you a brother. You will never be alone again. And you will overcome.

And BTW, congratulations for turning the bastard in to the police. That one step saved other children from falling into his hands. For that, you are a hero!

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#425066 - 02/12/13 02:47 PM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
Benthebeaver Offline

Loc: Germany
thank you all for the warm welcoming!

#425070 - 02/12/13 03:24 PM Re: introduction [Re: Benthebeaver]
Joe44040 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Welcome to the brotherhood Ben!

Your are definitely not alone .. . this a a place of support and understanding and I hope you find peace . . .

Godspeed on your recovery,

Joe
that can set us free."

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.