Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (Cthulhu), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441800 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#425032 - 02/12/13 05:32 AM Thoughts on this guys?
Wrarb Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Here's a story from Australia which touches on child abuse precautions. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this?

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/nurse-humiliated-by-qantas-policy-20120813-243t4.html

#425033 - 02/12/13 06:33 AM Re: Thoughts on this guys? [Re: Wrarb]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
This is very interesting for me, I love to explore different cultures and their values in such cases as I'm coming from tiny nation and completely different background some things are because of that very visible for me.
I must say that article speaks a lot about overall culture maybe even more than about specific company/case.
Further it is obvious that corporate influence is presented as something normal and usual and that could intervene and disturb someone's personal space without much concerns. (this concept is almost non existing in my environment and it is very strange)
Based on my limited experience this could implies that we are talking about culture like "Anglo-Saxon/legal system/logic/mentality".
Secondly definitely we have some cold and "non touching" environment - this based on feeling of passenger like he was seen as "child molester" by others while he sat near girl and his and company's alter actions as well.
In such cultures it is completely normal and usual to think on worst on some very usual situations like sitting one to another, or touching in crowd in trams for example. It shows partly degree of alienation and it implies to me that such people couldn't understand completely what some touches means (or situations where some limit space is shared) an with which emotions should be connected.
It is like twisted logic, sometimes ago in my environment if someone older would seat near lonely child it is expected to be protective and caring for child no matter on adult's gender (but I'm coming from warm and "touching" culture) and here is different case, parents would take measures to secure seeing children separated from adults and it is from my perspective action driven with some sort of paranoia.
Above all it is interesting to see angry passenger in all this, lol, even all this is happening because of child who travel alone he can't subsume his anger and he is wasting his energy in fight with company later. Again it says about "cold" and like "self centered" culture, It could be said that this passenger and rules with which he clashed actually have a lot in common - not caring for some close human being: company for passenger and passenger for child at other side.

Sorry if I overdone this but I really like to see such situation and to learn something new, if I offended someone by my writing it wasn't my intention!

Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.