Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (peroperic2009, Jude, don64), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445530 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#424759 - 02/09/13 12:39 AM This is a big step
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
I'm new here. I'm a little scared, as I'm only beginning to address the abuse I've suffered. I have been burying the memories for 30 years now, but for some reason the thoughts have been coming back now. It's time to seek help. I feel a sense of belonging by joining this group. Thanks

#424768 - 02/09/13 05:30 AM Re: This is a big step [Re: DavoSwim]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Welcome, DavoSwim!

it is not only a big step, i'm sure you will find it is a good step. this community has made a world of difference to me. i hope you will find the support, encouragement and understanding you need.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#424770 - 02/09/13 06:16 AM Re: This is a big step [Re: DavoSwim]
cdlphn Offline

Hey Davo...I am quite new here....found it in the last several days...I have been in recovery process in number of areas including sexual abuse that I experienced as teen and young adult. I have found this site to be very supportive and helpful. My full animal totem is conscious, nuturing dolphin. Welcome home brother!!

#424840 - 02/10/13 12:42 PM Re: This is a big step [Re: DavoSwim]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
DavoSwim,

Welcome to the MS forum. I've only been here since last fall, but everyone has gone out of their way to be helpful. Of course, I think I speak for everybody else that we are truly sorry for what brought you here. Take your time to process your thoughts and share as much or as little as you want.

Like you, I held on to my secret for a long, long time before I felt--no, I was compelled to get it off of my chest. I've come a long way, but still have a ways to go. That's true for most of us.

MS, my wife and my therapist (I finally sought one) are my tripartite attack against this thing.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#424854 - 02/10/13 04:03 PM Re: This is a big step [Re: DavoSwim]
newground Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: michigan
welcome man
I hope that you will find the same help and brotherhood here that I have. It is so very good to know that we are not alone just hang in there it might get rough,But it will get better
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
Herman Melville

#424863 - 02/10/13 05:20 PM Re: This is a big step [Re: DavoSwim]
Joe44040 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Welcome Davo ... youre not alone here and you will be amazed at how many guys are going thru what your are going thru .. . remember this is a process so take it slow . . .

-Joe
that can set us free."

#424972 - 02/11/13 03:36 PM Re: This is a big step [Re: DavoSwim]
Jude Online   content

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: DavoSwim
...been burying the memories for 30 years now...
Welcome Davo. It took me 42 years to come to terms with it, but I can tell you that if you do the work of recovery, recovery comes. Hope we hear more from you. Be well.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.