Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446788 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#424767 - 02/09/13 05:23 AM Choir director sexually abused woman in youth
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Michael Brewer, 68, and Hilary Brewer, 67, also known as Kay, were found guilty of sexually abusing Frances Andrade when she was 14 and 15.

Brewer was cleared of raping the victim when she was 18 and Mrs Brewer was cleared of aiding and abetting rape.

Mrs Andrade was found dead less than a week after she gave evidence against Michael Brewer and his ex-wife Kay Brewer at Manchester Crown Court.

The family of a violin teacher believed to have taken her life during the trial of a man who sexually abused her have said "the court system let her down".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21387399

If even one life is taken because of poor and inhuman justice system I'm asking my self why ever to bother with that, it just doesn't worth. Perps regularly got low penalties and victims can't get proper help during trials and many times are re-traumatized and completely left abandoned. Really why on Earth to bother and to ever try to do something without any support?
Not to mention cases when abusers are coming from police, military, health or legal system or political elite and when they are many times supported and even helped against victims and legal actions...

I would also like to know more about monster who advised victim (Mrs Andrade) not to take therapy while in this stressful process.
Legal system can't be over human life no matter what is practice (practice is that we all are more like slaves and objects there actually, just numbers)...

Greetings to all other statistical numbers!

#424804 - 02/09/13 04:01 PM - [Re: peroperic2009]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
-

#424931 - 02/11/13 08:44 AM Re: - [Re: peroperic2009]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"A charity for adults who were abused in childhood has said the way prosecutions are brought must change after a victim took her own life during a trial.
Frances Andrade was found dead less than a week after she faced Michael Brewer at Manchester Crown Court.

Following Brewer's conviction for indecently assaulting her, her family said "the court system let her down".

The National Association for People Abused in Childhood's Pete Saunders said the "legal system has to change".

He said a conclusion such as the one in Mrs Andrade's case was "not as uncommon as it should be"."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21395749

#424939 - 02/11/13 09:19 AM Re: - [Re: peroperic2009]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Very sad. No one understands what it is like to relive the abuse over and over, in nightmares, flashbacks and being questioned in a public forum (which I have not lived). But the nightmares and flashbacks alone can kill and send me over the top to places I do not know. Even with these, the doubters and tormentors of triggers tell you they know one is not pushed beyond their mental capacity to cope and live--how sad for them--they rob a person of life and hope. And to be in public--seeing eyes looking at you while you are reliving the pain is too much for most--the system needs to change and so does the minds of those who keep the mind close to understand how powerfully destructive CSA can be to the child and throughout the child's life. Compassion and understanding is what is needed--not naysayers or people who bully or torment the survivor.

The words "not as uncommon as it should be" gives some hope, there are people out there who understand the devastating impact of CSA.

Edited by KMCINVA (02/11/13 09:21 AM)

#424947 - 02/11/13 09:57 AM Re: - [Re: peroperic2009]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes Kevin it is very sad seeing victims going trough traumas over and over in everyday life not to mention during stressful process as trial is.

There is some update unfortunately, another teacher is accused by ex pupils who felt encouraged to do so by this sad story:

"Pupils accuse third teacher of abuse at top music school

Ten women have made serious allegations of sexual abuse and impropriety against another former teacher at Chetham's school of music, as police begin to reinvestigate further claims of indecent assault at the prestigious Manchester school.

On Friday Michael Brewer, 68, former director of music at Chetham's, was found guilty of indecently assaulting a pupil in the late 1970s and early 1980s. His victim, Frances Andrade, killed herself halfway through the trial after giving evidence against him. She had been accused of telling "a pack of lies" under cross examination by Brewer's barrister.

The Guardian has spoken to 10 other women about what they claim is the abusive and predatory behaviour of Chris Ling, who was a freelance violin teacher at Chetham's in the 1980s. He left the school in 1990 to teach in the US, taking with him at least six female pupils aged 16-18.

Six of his former pupils have let the Guardian tell their stories, emboldened by Andrade's suicide. They, along with a further four alleged victims of Ling, have agreed to provide statements to the police"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/10/pupils-accuse-third-teacher-abuse-school

#424952 - 02/11/13 10:53 AM Re: - [Re: peroperic2009]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

It is amazing how much got swept under the rug and how these peoples lives were changed. No one can fathom the internal pain--we all handle it differently--but most times it is targeted at ourselves--isolation, distrust, acting out,drugs, alcohol and sadly suicide from whence no one can return. Never be dismissive of one's pain,it will be seen in words or actions.

I am glad to see six of the former pupils have come forward to speak their story. Hopefully Ling will get the punishment he deserves.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.