Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (truestory), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441423 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#424859 - 02/10/13 04:49 PM Re: Angry at Devout "Friend" [Re: seikei]
seikei Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have seen him debate others on theology and the subject was brought up about the misdeeds of priests and popes. If I remember correctly he called the assertions slanderous and refused to entertain the notion that clergymen could do any wrong. The subject of Martin Luther was brought up and he flat out told the other person that he thought Martin Luther was a misguided man and that he would not be convinced otherwise.

Sounds like person that you describe might be a carbon copy of my "friend." I tried to communicate how his views were extreme sometimes and he only became indignant and went off on long winded justification of his views. I agree that I should not value his opinion, but I cannot help it. It's one of the main issues that I'm working on in regards to my recovery. I've described to several T's about my propensity to be a pin cushion to the opinions of others and its hard for me to not internalize it. I'm getting better though, little by little I'm becoming more assertive.

In the case with this gentleman I think I'm just going to distance myself from him. For me last night was the last straw. I think its important to note that while he is very outspoken in his beliefs with me, he has bemoaned before that he is quite lonely and does not understand why more of his peers gravitate to him. It's quite sad really.

On top of all this he expects me to loan him money. His histrionics have exasperated me long enough.

#424874 - 02/10/13 08:01 PM Re: Angry at Devout "Friend" [Re: seikei]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Warning this post contains spiritual guidance
And I mention Jesus be warned turn back now if this may trigger you or cause you to act irrationally

I am not saying all catholics are bad or saying they are not saved . Just trying to open the eyes of the blind . Catholics pray to marry show me this in the bible . Catholics ask mere man
"the pope "to be redeemed or absolved of sin , show me this in the bible. They call mere man the holy father and even kneel before him this is Blaspheme I tell you . I believe the Catholic church is the great Whore revelations talks about . stop going to mass and listening to this ritualistic baloney spewed forth and stop listening to all the false doctrines Read your bible for Yourself let the Holy Spirit Interpret the word of God Not the FALSE church of Catholicism

Step away with anything to do with Catholic anything because it is not something that will bring you any peace it is All religious doctrine you want to be spiritual . Martin Luther got figured it out you do not need to go by the catholic church instead read the word of God and be lead by the spirit not man made doctrine that changes on a whim to fit their own agenda . You will never be content trying to live up to this false idea of what others think you should be.

It is a personal walk with Christ not religion read your bible Jesus tried desperately to get religious people to become spirit led not religious led . Religion and doctrine are mans way for you to reach God .

FAITH IS GODS WAY FOR MAN TO REACH HIM

What is a catholic,Methodist, baptist, Pentecostal ? It is all religious ideas different doctrines they take some verses of the bible and say hmmm this sounds good let's run with it in the mean time leaving everything that Jesus taught for their own puffed up ideas and more importantly their own agenda.

Therefore seek God seek the word let the spirit lead you
Become spiritual not religious . check out the video entitled why I love Jesus but hate religion ,it can be found on my signature at the end of my post to give you an idea were I am coming from

Better yet look up on the net about Catholic doctrine and how warped and misguided it is . find a non denomination church and feast on the word of God not doctrine

My 2 cents take it or leave it

That goes for anyone reading this post
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#424877 - 02/10/13 08:48 PM Re: Angry at Devout "Friend" [Re: seikei]
seikei Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for your 2 cents nltsaved.

#424883 - 02/10/13 10:11 PM Re: Angry at Devout "Friend" [Re: seikei]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
@Seikai, sounds like you've found a solution there, indeed I think unlike you or me or most people there might be a perfectly good reason people don't associate with this fellow, (especially if he is a borrower of money).

the bad opinions of others, any others can hurt, there's no denying that, especially if like myself you have a tangible sense of worthlessness that automatically assumes! everyone thinks badly of you to begin with and just gets fed on any real or imagined evidence.

what I have found myself though, is that once I realized that my own! opinion of myself was not reliable due to my abuse, and started to regard my own opinion that I was worthless, uggly, useless at anything I did etc as totally unreasonable it let me more easily distance myself from the opinions of others.

it is true that most I would still not wish most people to think badly of me, but there are certainly people who's opinion I don't care about. For example, the chap I mentioned (a member of my tabletop role playing group), regards anyone who coppies cds as an immoral thief and a criminal, and gave me a rather unpleasant lecture on the subject when i offered to do a cd swap with him.

Well, i know his opinions to have little grounding and to be based mostly on the fact that he thinks everyone else is against him, indeed even if you disagree on as simple a matter of music or author preferences he tends to become very defensive, which for me who enjoys debating and discussing such things finer points in detail rather difficult. Since he cannot explain his justifications for his opinions, much less tolerate anyone else who thinks differently, well why should I care what he thinks? after all it's not as if he's made his judgements based on considderable thought and arguement with others and their points of view, indeed his opinions are very unsubtle.

So, just as I have learnt to disregard my own opinion of myself, i'd disregard this chap's, or indeed others who had similar less than valuable opinions or attitudes.

Frankly if this fellow's answer to actual historical evidence and record is to disbelieve it I rather question even his basic judgement! and that goes double for making judgement of others.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.