Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 40 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441307 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#422430 - 01/17/13 06:50 PM Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

From the (UK) Independent:

Scotland Yard tonight launched a full investigation into allegations that Conservative politicians were members of a paedophile ring which abused children in care the 1980s.

Operation Fernbridge will centre on the alleged historic sexual abuse of children at Elm Guest House, in Rocks Lane, a suburban street in Barnes, south-west London.

Residents of a nearby care home run by Richmond Council claim they were sexually assaulted at the property by a network of prominent individuals, including Tory MPs, who used their connections to escape justice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cri...ng-8456434.html

#422457 - 01/17/13 09:30 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Another reference:

UK Police Open Historic Child Abuse Probe

http://news.yahoo.com/uk-police-open-historic-child-abuse-probe-224610787.html

Puff

#422498 - 01/18/13 09:20 AM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Pure speculation here, but a thought:

First, with the Jimmy Savile investigation, it was Operation Yewtree, then it expanded to include others as Operation Fairbank. Now, without any arrests for Fairbank, the police have launched Operation Fernbridge.

Now, the naming of these operations are likely random or associated with some mnemonic device that we'll never know... but it's telling that Fairbank and Fernbridge are compound words starting with F-B.

I have seen some internet/twitter chatter that would suggest that perhaps the police found so much evidence during their Fairbank investigation that they had to widen the scope of the investigation considerably, thus the need for the new operation name and the mirroring of the F-B from the previous operation.

Just a thought. But this could be very encouraging.

#422591 - 01/18/13 11:06 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
maybe the acronym stands for

"F-CKING B-STARDS" !!!!!
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#422652 - 01/19/13 05:47 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Breaking news, gentlemen:

Shit is starting to go down, apparently. From the (UK) Mirror:

Child abuse cops seize VIP list: Politicians, MI5 agent, Royal aide and pop stars all named

Among the names are two former Conservative Cabinet ministers and four other senior Tories. There is also a Labour MP, a prominent Irish republican and a leading National Front member.

Others on the handwritten note are two members of the royal household – one a former Buckingham Palace employee – plus the owner of a multinational company and two pop stars.

[...]

The first people to be arrested are not expected to be famous.

But sources close to the investigation are increasingly confident some big names will be caught in the police net.

Renowned figures linked to the scandal so far include the former Liberal MP Cyril Smith and the one-time Keeper of the Queen’s Pictures Anthony Blunt, who was disgraced as a traitor and spy.

[...]

The MP said: “I believe a great injustice was done in the 1980s. To stop something like this happening again I am asking victims to summon the courage to come forward now.

“Whatever has happened in the past your voices will be heard now.

“You can contact the police. Or if you feel more comfortable you can contact me directly,” [said MP Tom Watson].

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-seize-vip-list-in-dawn-1546351

Cant

#423213 - 01/25/13 03:06 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
BuffaloCO Offline

Not sure why being a conservative politician has anything to do with it, as if no liberals ever engaged in illegal behavior. The current push in the UK and Canada to recognize pedophilia as "just another form of sexuality" isn't coming from the right either. That is coming from academics in the UK. If academics there are like those here in the US, the vast majority of them are liberals.

#423214 - 01/25/13 03:13 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

No major arrests yet, but there's this independent investigative journalism outfit in London called Exaro News.

Exaro filed freedom of information act requests with all 43 police forces in England and Wales, and found 30 "major" investigations into "child sex abuse by groups," which is pedo rings.

The story is behind a paywall, which one could access by signing up for a 7-day trial, but I haven't done that yet for some reason. If someone does get the full story from Exaro, fill us in.

Just to recap, that's 30 "major" investigations, not counting Scotland.

Link:
http://www.exaronews.com/articles/4808/police-operations-into-child-sex-abuse-by-groups-exaro-s-list

Cant

#423225 - 01/25/13 05:52 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: BuffaloCO]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Buff, those ideas about "just another form of sexuality" are coming from pedophile rings be sure in that, that has nothing to do with any political option and I seriously doubt in academic background...

Pero

#423227 - 01/25/13 07:27 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
BuffaloCO Offline

I thought the article quoted academics supporting that idea. Im just saying people are pointing out "conservative" politicians, as if being conservative or liberal makes one a pedo.

#423232 - 01/25/13 09:49 PM Re: Scotland Yard Launches Pedo Ring Investigation [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Buff,

I hear you. Part of the confusion has to do with UK politics and that "liberal" and "conservative" mean slightly different things there as they do in the US.

2ndly, while liberals are certainly capable of being pedos and involved in pedo rings, there's a certain sort of pedo that is also militant and hypocritical on an extraordinary level -- so outwardly and publicly "conservative" while secretly decadent and predatory.

Does that help?

Cant

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.