Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
6 registered (pufferfish, Scott1962, YYZGIRL, Going forward, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443253 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#424362 - 02/05/13 08:37 AM freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing?
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#424366 - 02/05/13 09:07 AM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Thank God that this boy is free again.
I hope he will not have some traumas left because of this terrible incident frown

#424370 - 02/05/13 10:03 AM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Keep an eye out for a family name of him, or a church or school he belongs to, and we'll find a mailing address for us to send cards to him and his family.

That's one small thing we can do pro-actively to help with his recovery.

Cant

#424429 - 02/05/13 06:59 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

if you can get cards to the police station of the town, they will make sure he gets them. they said they were planning on giving him tons of cards that have come in at a birthday party in a football stadium.

BTW - this is the 1st crisis or tragedy of any kind that i have never seen a single photo of the victim or a family member on TV or print news. they must be very fragile and private. the mother was said to be "hanging by a thread." the whole family is going to need therapy. they will need a lot of support.

#424622 - 02/07/13 01:36 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here's the thing:

It's certainly been traumatic for the boy and his family, and you're right that they're going to need a lot of therapy and support. But the thing is: they'll get it.

That town will rally around that family and that boy will be treated like a hero his whole life -- because his trauma isn't taboo. There's no supposed shame connected to it, no reason for his parents to deny that it happened.

His healing journey will start well before ours ever did. Hate to rain on the parade, but that's what I feel in these sorts of situations. Wish I had that. Didn't.

Cant

#424728 - 02/08/13 06:17 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
We don't know what his trauma was, Cant. The guy had a lot of time alone with him. There also was no toilet in the bunker and nothing to allow for privacy for those functions.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#424734 - 02/08/13 07:43 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Matt.

You're right, of course.

Cant

#424738 - 02/08/13 08:19 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: SoccerStar]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
We don't know what his trauma was, Cant. The guy had a lot of time alone with him. There also was no toilet in the bunker and nothing to allow for privacy for those functions.

yeah...
i was afraid to suggest that. i was stupified that none of the news media that i saw even hinted at that concern - maybe because he could see it all on TV? they just followed the party line that "he's taking good care of the boy." like a kind uncle or something - we all know what that can mean... i was/am so afraid for the boy. to make it worse, he and i share the same birthday - and this was happening at that time. i know what it's like to have bad stuff come back on every birthday for all your life.

lee

#424744 - 02/08/13 10:17 PM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: traveler
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar

yeah...
i was afraid to suggest that. i was stupified that none of the news media that i saw even hinted at that concern - maybe because he could see it all on TV? they just followed the party line that "he's taking good care of the boy." like a kind uncle or something - we all know what that can mean... i was/am so afraid for the boy. to make it worse, he and i share the same birthday - and this was happening at that time. i know what it's like to have bad stuff come back on every birthday for all your life.

lee

Nor did the law enforcement heed his best interests. They were careless. All the sirens blaring and cracking of equipment and shutting of car doors could probably be heard within the bunker. That made things worse rather than better. The man had severe mental health issues and needed to be treated with caution. The boy needs the best counseling that money can buy and it should be paid for out of the public coffer.

Puffer

#425643 - 02/18/13 12:29 AM Re: freed 5-yr-old: prospects for healing? [Re: traveler]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
A lot of this resonates with some of what I went through. The Fox Dr that wrote that article is spot on with much of what he is saying. The most important thing is that he be given support, love and acceptance. As to the trauma of the rescue, the police did what they needed to. As to the guy needing help, he certainly did right up to the point that he killed the bus driver and took a child. After that, he needed elimination for the good of the human race.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.