Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (Tarobuns108, Austintexan, Hanuman, Bluedogone), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63166 Topics
441714 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#424213 - 02/04/13 02:43 AM Videos of me singing
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Well I've mentioned my singing previously on this site and how important it is to me. I happen at the moment to have a couple of videos up on sendspace which my mum took with her camera, because the service youraccompanist.com which I make use of wanted videos of people singing to their accompanyments, and as they've been really good in the past (they're also hugely cheap, only 99 pence each for a an accompanyment played on a piano), I thought I'd have a go.

My mum recorded these on her digital camera, so I appologise for the quality. They're not on youtube I've just used the file sharing service sendspace I was going to stick something on youtube it'd have to be better quality), so just click "download" on the page that comes up when you hit each link, prety much any computer should be able to play the files.

First off is a video of me singing a beautifull song by Shumann, Widmung, which he wrote for the love of his life Clara. I'm not convinced I quite did it justice, since I have sung it better, but then again I'll always say that.

The download link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sqh162

Next is something just for fun. Before christmas, a friend of my parents had her 50th birthday party, which was pirate themed, so asked me to sing the Pirate King's song from pirates of Penzance (it's a little too low for my voice but it's fun!). We tried to reccord it at the time, but the system didn't work, so we had to reccord it when i got back and was still wearing my pirate gear, and yes, I am! this loopy when occasion requires in performance.

Download link is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/adyx3h

Hope people at least get a smile from that one.

Btw, if there is a moderation policy against members posting videos I appologize, but I know some people have posted photos of themselves so I thought this was okay.

#424224 - 02/04/13 09:00 AM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
i tried the link but couldn't figure it out.
sorry, guess i'm dense.
lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#424244 - 02/04/13 11:50 AM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Luke,

Downloaded both videos and watched them Luke. Thank you so much for sharing with us here at MS what you are so passionate about. It was nice to put a face to the written interactions that we've had together over the years too. Best of luck with pursuing your singing career Luke. You have a great singing voice.

Rocco

P. S. It would be nice to see more of these videos sometime.

Lee, after you click the link you then scroll down a little and click:

"Click here to start download from sendspace."

The first video takes about 8 minutes to download and the second one takes about an hour. I highly recommend watching them.

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#424267 - 02/04/13 03:37 PM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
I also downloaded your vids, you are awesome as pirate Luke wink
Thanks for sharing with us!

Pero

#424354 - 02/05/13 07:01 AM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well I'm glad people like. As I said I'm not absolutely happy with both videos but that isn't surprising, I'll see if any future vids can be better.

Btw, I didn't think sendspace should take that long. While I know it is a longer download time for an unregistered user, I would've expected that unless you have a particularly slow connection these would've taken about five minutes each at most. I will check just to see if anything is going wrong there.

#424397 - 02/05/13 12:59 PM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Just a caution, d_e, that link, if you rapidly click thru setup like I did, downloads a particularly stubborn application variously called EasyLife and Browse2Save.

Assuming you're on Windows, System Restore will remove it.

#424435 - 02/05/13 07:23 PM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well Lancer what I think it is is that when you click on the link an advert appears in a separate window, and if you don't hit alt tab to get to the sendspace site window with the "click hear to download" link you end up downloading things you don't want from the adds window. My mum actually did the same thing at one point, though there I removed said nasties with add/remove programs.

luckily for me since I'm a registered ss user, and since I generally use their wizard program to upload and download stuff anyway I don't see the adds, but it is very annoying they've started doing this, indeed even a year ago anyone could download from them without too much trouble, ---- I wonder if this is because of all the nasty stuff surrounding the threatened us legislation against file sharing sites for copywrite reasons.

Either way i'm sorry it caused the problem, and next time I post some links I will try to post a warning, though unfortunately in terms of space, security and such I do find sendspace still to be a good place for my files, heck I had a copy of my phd backed up there for quite a long while in case my house burnt down and I lost all my other backups.

#424441 - 02/05/13 08:26 PM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Now there's an idea! I downloaded a file and it burned down the house!

#424596 - 02/07/13 08:17 AM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well it brings a new meaning to the idea of a secure fire wall to protect your system laugh./

#424613 - 02/07/13 11:29 AM Re: Videos of me singing [Re: dark empathy]
ShortedDiode Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON Canada
Thank you for posting the videos. I really enjoyed both of them, but the pirate costume and the strokes of the sword truly make that song come alive! Hopefully you'll let us see you singing again sometime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.