Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64157 Topics
447679 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#424160 - 02/03/13 02:17 PM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: Candu]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: Candu
I don't like hieghts/bridges where I can get close to the edge. The closer to the edge I get the greater the pull to go over. Jump/fall I don't know, that's why I say pull.

I have this too!!!!!! I've had dissociative disorder for most of my life (CSA induced) & have a huge fear of heights... But for some reason when I'm at a ledge, I feel a need to go over it. & I tend to feel that nothing bad will come of it! This has intensified my fear of heights: Fear of what I may do when at heights! I also have similar feelings when driving, like swerving into oncoming traffic.

I have also had a bunch of intense vertigo over the years. Not every day, but pretty regular.

#424174 - 02/03/13 05:13 PM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: Candu]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Candu
I don't like hieghts/bridges where I can get close to the edge. The closer to the edge I get the greater the pull to go over. Jump/fall I don't know, that's why I say pull.

Candu, have I got a bridge for you! (see above) We can creep to the top of the span together. I hate freaking out alone...

#424223 - 02/04/13 08:59 AM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: cosmos]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Great! Company on the way down. laugh

#424333 - 02/05/13 12:41 AM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: Candu]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hang on, Candu. Here we go!

Gravity sucks.

#424340 - 02/05/13 01:04 AM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: Lancer]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I also have some fear of heights. I remember when I was 15 and went up to the top of the Empire State Building. It creeped me out pretty badly. But I didn't have a feeling of being drawn toward the edge.

My great fears are from csa. The kidnap experience. He actually worked at creating terror. But then I think I was given LSD. Probably a high dose. It created terror. I had an EMDR session for it a year ago and it tripped me so badly that I dissociated right there. I think my fears are sequestered in an alternate personality which can get triggered.

I'm slowly fitting the pieces together.

Puff

Edited by pufferfish (02/05/13 01:05 AM)

#424350 - 02/05/13 03:28 AM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: cosmos]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
I know it might seem strange for all of my drug use but describing mental/emotional happenstance in my own mind is so very hard, Iíll try this again. Imagine your body in any position, standing, sitting whatever, you can close your eyes, and if you concentrate, you stop thinking, it feels like your falling backwards, you can feel it in the pit of your stomach, just like when Iím staring out my hotel balcony now, yet it feels good, it feels safe, itís inviting, you can open your eyes and poof back to normal, itís just like ďgood vertigoĒ if there can be such a thing? Its why I asked if maybe anyone thought maybe it was what my mind did prior to being abused, disassociating; just wondering if anyone has any ideas, itís one of the few things Iím having problems dealing with, I remember it starting after I carried el diablo into the ground? Maybe it was jubilation at my tormentorís death, idk?

Cee

T. Paine

#424560 - 02/07/13 12:11 AM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: cosmos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Cee

I want to suggest something that occurred to me when I first read your post on fear of heights. I didn't get the idea included in my response.

Now I want to raise the question as to whether somebody either actually dropped you when you were very young, or maybe that someone purposely scared you badly by threatening to drop you when you were very young.

Puff

#424561 - 02/07/13 12:31 AM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: cosmos]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Puff I had never thought of that, itís so simple you might be right, until I was 4 I lived in a the second floor of a duplex, it also wouldnít surprise me if he did threaten to throw me off or something, he was such an evil man!

Cee

T. Paine

#424688 - 02/08/13 12:23 PM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: cosmos]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Y'know, people joke about that Puff, but I think you have something. Considering I was physically abused in my crib and, as a toddler, had my knee torn up with a metal weed eater blade - at least that was always the mommybitch's cocktail party repartee after she'd knocked back a few - I think it may have been possible in my case. Have no memory of it.

Frankly, after that Paris balcony-dangling incident with MJ, I've wondered how his kids will fare. Loved his musical creativity, but he was a real warped &%$$##

#424697 - 02/08/13 12:46 PM Re: vertigo anyone? [Re: cosmos]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I want to raise the question as to whether somebody either actually dropped you when you were very young, or maybe that someone purposely scared you badly by threatening to drop you when you were very young.

While I don't know if this has anything to do with my fear of heights but when my brother and I were young (12 ?) we took a bike ride and ended up at at a bridge over a wide river running through our city. While at the middle of the bridge we were threatened by a group of older boys. They convinced us that they were going to throw us off the bridge and into the river if we didn't give them all our money and our bikes. We ended up with our bikes but we were really badly scared and quickly headed for home after they let us go.

Lancer - I just saw your above post with the Therma & Louise clip. That movie makes me cry on a number of different levels.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.