Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (susie, 2 invisible), 68 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62512 Topics
438095 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#423706 - 01/30/13 04:42 AM Relationship with God
si Offline

Loc: Utah
It happened when I was 4 years old. It went on for several years after. I felt like a body full of sin. I believed that I was going to go to hell and that God no longer loved me, but hated me. Even as a teenager when everything was over, I would still tear up thinking about life after death and how I messed up everything.

The shame, guilt and sin that filled my tiny body made me want God's love and to save myself from burning in hell. I had pre-marital, incest-same sex. I had committed a great sin. I thought that maybe if I become a good person, if I do great in school, if I stay away from drugs and alcohol and try not to have sex anymore until i'm married, maybe, just maybe god could love me again.

I'm from Utah, so seeing and hearing about other kids going to church really hurt me inside. I never went to church, I didn't feel pure enough, I was so filled with sin that I didn't feel like I could go to church without everyone knowing what I had done. I wanted to be like all the other kids, I wanted to sing songs about God's love for us, I wanted to be able to pray without feeling guilty or ashamed, without feeling that I had so much sin living inside me that I ultimately became a bad person. I wanted that security to know that God does ultimately forgive those who truly repent the acts they committed but I had done it for so long that I didn't know if I could ultimately repent. I wanted to be like everyone else, knowing God loved them.

I became a star student, never touched drugs or alcohol, and kept all my promises on becoming a good person for God's love in return. When I realized that what I did wasn't my fault, when I was able to accept that I was abused, I got a numb feeling. It was like, did I do this for nothing? or was this God's plan? I became a better person because of the shame, guilt and sin and apparently my relationship with God was fine, there was no reason for him to not love me.

At this point, I'm not sure how I feel anymore. I started going to church trying to accept God into my life, now that I knew nothing was my fault and the sin he put into my body wasn't my sin to hold onto. However, when i'm in church discussing God, I feel out of place. Like I still have something to prove. When going to church I still feel numb, its almost like a trigger but a bitter sweet one. I finally feel like I can have a relationship with God, but I feel numb about it at the same time. I don't know how to feel. I believe in God, but I just don't know where we stand in our relationship.

#423707 - 01/30/13 06:08 AM Re: Relationship with God [Re: si]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

You have as much right to be there as anyone else.
"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

#423947 - 02/01/13 01:59 AM Re: Relationship with God [Re: si]
ALIVE 3n1 Offline

Loc: Throne Room of God
si,

The recognition of your failures in your own abilities is a wonderful, painful, point in your Spiritual walk. The Christian Church is full of repentant sinners, well maybe not full, but at least 15 percent.

Start church shopping and find one that is Bible based and that you are comfortable in. Get in the Bible and start reading about all the misfits that God uses in his plans, really it is a comedy about man learning about God. That sounded a bit irreverent, but God knows my heart.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Alive

#423965 - 02/01/13 08:44 AM Re: Relationship with God [Re: si]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
if I may touch one point:
Originally Posted By: si
now that I knew nothing was my fault and the sin he put into my body wasn't my sin to hold onto.

by "He" are you still talking of God here? or your perp? The reason I ask is if you're still talking God - maybe there's some anger or bitterness you hold that you haven't talked to Him about. Of course, if you DIDN'T mean God - strike this whole comment and paint me embarrassed.

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#424049 - 02/02/13 12:58 AM Re: Relationship with God [Re: si]
si Offline

Loc: Utah
Bad wording on my choice. I wasn't talking about God there. My fault. Was talking about the abuser

#430051 - 04/04/13 02:07 AM Re: Relationship with God [Re: si]
TOM2 Offline

Loc: NY
thears nating u cad do 4 gog not to love you. being owbusd is not sin. your obuser did the sining.

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.