Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
7 registered (Johnny777, Rich1967, JW1230, lapchinj, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#423919 - 01/31/13 08:55 PM CSA and being trans
Dot Offline

Loc: Alberta
My family likes to tell me if I hadnt been raped I wouldnt want to transition. You think there is any real connection between being trans and being a survivor of CSA?

#423953 - 02/01/13 03:04 AM Re: CSA and being trans [Re: Dot]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Dot

CSA fucks with our heads and can influence our choices and confusions. A lot of people think being trans is about genitalia and silicone boobs but it is not. CSA could have an impact on your choice (an inappropriate word, I know) but I donít think that it would be the only reason. Here in Australia to make the transition you have to have specialized therapist counselling before you can go ahead. I think it is the same in the western world. I also think this is something you could bring up to your T as it would help to live as the person you are.

As a young boy I wanted to be a girl and if possible I would play dress-ups in female clothes, play with dolls, had a secret stash of girlís books and when we played cowboys and Indians at school I was always Annie Oakley. I was always in trouble for being sissy. When puberty set in I was virtually put under house arrest, I was constantly monitored, not allowed out without a chaperone, I soon learned to be macho and by the age 18 I was released from home detention. This was in the early 60ís so there was no option for me. I am comfortable with who I am I know others my age that are not.

When my marriage broke down, and with my early life I had to explore my life and decided it was not an option for me as I had adapted to being me. I volunteered at the local Aids Council and was able to get some programs going for trans/cross dressers and into Gayline telephone training and services.

Dusty

#424001 - 02/01/13 02:43 PM Re: CSA and being trans [Re: Dot]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:57 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#424007 - 02/01/13 04:02 PM Re: CSA and being trans [Re: Dot]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
I think there must be a link with Hockey too then.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=653098

Young trans athlete is accepted by Vancouver Canucks pro hockey team. So are you a fan of The Oilers or Flames ?, guess this one is obvious.

Some people don't allow logic, the facts or common sense to confuse their opinion. You know in your heart, don't let the bastards get you down.

Go Canucks !

WoR Barrie 2011

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.